Leaves turning brown. Is two led lights too strong?

Not the top leaves ,look like they are dying off, they look dry and your floor very clean

Is the brown okay then? I didn’t have a fan for 8 weeks so there wasn’t much air flow.

When my girls got too close to the lights I only noticed the top of the plant showing stress. The leaves started twisting over like they were protecting themselves.

I am a beginner so I can’t offer much help. Could it be a nutrient issue?

Nutrient Deficiencies In Marijuana Plants: The Ultimate Guide - ILGM (ilovegrowingmarijuana.com)

1 Like
2 Likes

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

I apologize before hand.

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
I bought the sweet mix from ilgm. Gelato , Zkittles, Sunset sherbet

-Age of plant/what week of flower
They are 8-9 weeks old

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Organic soil. I have 5 in happy frog, 5 in SoHum living soil, & 5 in purple cow indacanja organic living soil. They are all mixed with Nature’s Living soil

-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
Fabric pots

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

-Method used to measure PH and TDS

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 4x8 tent

-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
HLG scorpion Diablo & HLG 650R

-Actual wattage draw of lights

-Current Light Schedule
16-8

-Temps; Day, Night
74-80

-Humidity; Day, Night
60%-76%

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
I have a ac infinity inline fan.

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
No
-Co2; Yes, No
No

1 Like

@RainingBows6
Just for clarification, you have not added any nutrients to any of these soils?

Most of those are all organic style of growing, and you add no additional nutrients.

Initial impression is nute burn, but I say that reluctantly since PPM is unknown. Do you have a PPM (and pH) meter? What are your feeding habits?

1 Like

I have not added any nutrients. I use spring water with a 6.8 ph. I

I water about every 3 days when they start getting dry and light. I have a meter for the ph but it was one of the cheap ones on Amazon.

I’m stumped then. Some good growers will be around who might have ideas.

I think the mix of nature’s living soil and the potting soil is the issue for the nitrogen. I have tried reading other posts to see if there is a way to decrease the amount of nitrogen but I haven’t been able to find anything.

A flush will do it, but I’m not sure that I would do a flush if you haven’t fed and if you don’t know where your PPM is.

Managing nutes to PPM levels is the way to go as far as nutes go.

1 Like

Unfortunately with all organic soils, they are nitrogen rich. I would agree your issue is too much nitrogen.

I’m not sure flushing will help, but I would add some beneficial microbes to assist in balancing the nutrient uptake. Most organic growers are constantly adding microbes, and their plants always look good.

If you do try a flush, I would flush only one plant, then see how it responds. The PPM/TDS if you were to measure would end up being very high.

@Mrcrabs and other organic growers may be give better direction as to the next step in all organic situation.

2 Likes

Is the problem isolated to the plants in Happy Frog? FF Happy Frog is not an organic soil.

1 Like

It is starting to happen in other plants but I was able to stop it. The happy frog is giving the most issues, it started off doing the best but now I need to look at fixing the soil.

Thank you. I will do more studying and fix it before it gets worse.

1 Like

I’ve never used any of them soils … but I have a questions… are all soils mixed together or used separately?? And you said your using spring water… not all spring water is the same and contains lots of trace elements from the earth… and is composed of Magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium… to avoid this issue use pure water… like reverse osmosis… distilled waters or good ole rain water…if you where staring in the ground I wouldn’t have a problem with spring water but it’s a problem with container growing… I’m no expert but imo… use a pure source of water in living soil…:dash::dash::v:

2 Likes