Leaves turning brown. Is this from low ph?

I have been giving nutes at ph of 6.5, but the last mixture came out to 6.0. I thought it would be ok since its within range, but I’ve got some browning now. I’ve given some ph corrected water. What do I do now?

Check the water runoff and see what it’s pH is. Keep checking soil pH and the pH of water you’re using. But really all you can do is be patient, see if new growth is healthy, and keep up with checking pH. If your pH is on point, then it would be a nutrient defieceny, and other members can help you figure out exactly what nutrient it is and how to correct it.

Take a real close look at the undersides of your leaves I suspect you may have a minor pest problem I see some specs on your leaves in picture very similar to what drew my attention today to a nice little spider mite problem.

Looks like overwatering and a pH imbalance. Check your pH levels and adjust to 6.2-6.5 as needed.

Also, looks like you could have a slight potassium deficiency, but you need to solve the pH problem first.

Will

put 3 gallons of 6.5 ph though. I get 5.8-5.9 out… I put a gallon of 7.4 through and I got 6.0 out the bottom. Do I keep flushing? tonight?

No… but the 6.0 could come up a little

Will

stop flushing? how else do I raise the ph?

I flushed a bit more because I wasn’t sure of your answer, lights were about to turn out and I think I read somwhere else that you flush about 2x the volume. I flushed 7 gallons though a 2-3 gallon pot. the last 3 gallons had a ph of 7.4 going in, but I measured 5.9 the last time. Shouldn’t my ph be going up a lot?

I don’t know what would cause such a drastic ph drop. I’ve never put anything under 6.0 into it.

Let it dry out and only water with 6.5 water/aftrer each watering check your P.H
Stay constant with your watering ph.
Watering with 7.4 is nust making things staying constant is a must do…
If you need to up your ph use ph up

Will

After rereading this thread, I realized that I didn’t explain the situation very well. I blame it on the quality of the first harvest. :slight_smile:

The plant from the pictures is Pure Indica that has been in flower since about 12/31. I moved a Jack Herrer hybrid into the flower room on 2/5 because I ran out of veg space. It is now showing similar symptoms.

I think I may have a potassium excess problem and I was hoping someone can confirm and confirm that I’m on the right track.

Symptoms list (both plants)
Browning leaves: tips, random spots
Dry, crispy leaves
Twisted leaves
Hooked or curled leaves
Purple stems and underside of leaf veins
Leaves turning yellow and dropping. (I know they flower in Fall)

Jack Herrer also has increased spacing between nodes (may have been due to cramped veg box.

After flushing, I gave half dose of nutes after about a week of drying out. I still got low pH runoff

I am using Promix soil. Read that people like to add dolomite lime to it to adjust for low pH. I added 1 tablespoon to each pot. I mixed it in the dry loose soil before watering it in. I got run off pH of 6.5 for PI and 6.2 for JH.

Pure Indica

Jack Herrer

and yes likely ph related The lower leaves look like they are lacking Mag too but without more accurate info I am taking guess?

This looks similar to mine which I just posted on my page. But I tested my Ph of the last 8 I just watered and they came out 6.6 and I put in 6.6.

What details do you need?

If you fill out a “support ticket” that will give the details needed to help

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Bergmann’s Pure indica fem. 2nd plant is a clone of Jack herrer crossed with power kush.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Promix soil 2-3 gallon pots

System type?
What is this?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
6.5 since adding dolomite. Was as low as 5.8

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Just got a tds meter. Haven’t used it yet. Using lowest recommended dose. 1/2 tsp of new earth custom bloom 3-12-6. Veg was flora nova grow 7-4-10. Currently using tap with tds of about 200. I now have access to rodi with tds of 60.

Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor

Light system, size?
1 x “300 watt” 196 actual watt marshydro mars1 per plant.
Temps; Day, Night
Temps 64-74

Humidity; Day, Night
Run dehumidifier at 40% right next to the plants. Its usually pretty steady. Thermometer recent min and max humidity says 36-68. Probably high because I’ve been working up a sweat working on this room recently.

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Currently running a small fan pointed at a hole in the wall for exhaust. This will be upgraded soon. Big opening under door for air flow. Large oscillating fan in room. Grow space is about 3x6.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Dehumidifier in cool, temp controlled basement.

Co2; Yes, No
No

It looks like the plant from the first picture you posted is just eating herself, that’s why the leaves are yellowing. Meaning she’s going to be ready to harvest soon. When is she supposed to be done?

I’m not sure about the rest though sorry, I’m not good with diagnosing problems. I’ll let the big guys handle that for you.

She should be eating herself. If my count is right, she should have been ready on 2/25, but she still has some clear and no Amber yet.

I have nothing to worry about with the pure indica since she’s almost done, but I’m having similar issues with the Jack Herrer. I have other ladies to flower too, but I’d like to figure out what I’m doing wrong before my next grow.

Am I just not being patient enough with the dolomite? Should I switch nutes? They were given to me and I’m not sure they are what I’m supposed to be using.

Sorry if this is to much at once. But its the only want y for me to explain your probl
Hope this helps
Will

this may be your problem. Im posting a pic. Its very similar to your problem, also im going to post something else. Because there are two deficiency’s that show the very same thing.

Solution to fixing a Manganese deficiency
Foliar feed with any chemical fertilizer containing Mn., or mix with water and water your plants with it. Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Manganese in them will fix a Manganese deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other nutrients that have Manganese in them are: Manganese chelate, Manganese carbonate, Manganese chloride, Manganese dioxide, Manganese oxide, Manganese sulfate, which are all fast absorption. Garden Manure, Greenssand are both good sources of manganese and are medium/ slow absorption.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Or

Picture 1 is a Phosphorus deficiency during vegetative growth.
Picture 2 is what a phosphorus deficiency looks like in flowering.

Solution to fixing a Phosphorus

Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn’t be tolerated. Any chemical or organic fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have a phosphorus deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose 20-20-20 is a good mix. Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus supplements are: Bone meal, which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where bone/blood meal is slow acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which is fast absorption, Worm castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption, Soft Rock Phosphate, which is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption. Crabshell, which is slow absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphrus Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums’

Thanks for your feedback. I think my leaves look the most like phosphorus deficient veg leaf, but my Jack herrer may be manganese.

I drove across town today and talked to the nice people at my semi local hydro store. They talked me into the foxfarms nutes, which is good since you mentioned tigeroom. I picked up big grow, tiger bloom and big bloom and some fox farms ocean forest soil to mix with my promix for my next grow. I picked up a few other goodies too. I should start a grow journal.