Leaves raised on Trainwreck seedling

This is before and after I used a humidity dome. I was wondering if possibly I’ve been under watering her but not sure if it’s just the genetics (Trainwreck) of the plant? Anyone able to tell me what the raising of the leaves mean?

2 Likes

Looks like under watering in first pic?

Good Morning :smiley:. I don’t see any issues. :blush::v:

2 Likes

Agree with @Flitme. A little leaf variegation but nothing to be concerned with. How long has she been above ground? :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

June 30th is when she popped out of the ground. I’ve notice the humidity dome really helped her because this morning since I did it over night, her body language looks healthy. Better than it did yesterday before the humidity dome.

3 Likes

This morning!

Getting close to not needing the dome. What medium is she in? :love_you_gesture:

FF Ocean Floor! I actually thought the soil would be too hot but apparently she’s thriving in it. But I can tell it’s getting to a point it won’t need it and must be getting closer to the veg stage? Regarding to the humidity dome.

1 Like

The FFOF is a great medium and a touch on the hot side for seedlings. I start the veg clock at day 15 above ground. The FFOF will feed the plant for approximately 6 weeks with PH water at 6.5. Around week 4 I would start checking the run off PPMS and start nutrients when that’s at 800 or less :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any runoff water yet I’m wondering if that’s because I haven’t had to heavily water it yet (or what it requires?). But I’ll check the bottom of the pot and doesn’t seem to feel wet. I have something to collect it with also but haven’t put it under yet due to no runoff.

1 Like

Your plant is t quite ready for run off in soil. You’re doing an excellent job with the water ring, maybe increase the amount. What size pot is that?

1 Like

Thank you! I believe this is a 5 gallon pot I’m growing in. It’s starting to grow faster than I even anticipated it to.

1 Like

:point_up_2: results of having your space dialed in. Well done Growmie.

2 Likes

You can increase the watering amount in a few days. I keep a solo cup handy for this and around the end of week 1 veg I increase the amount to a full cup :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

It just looks like she readjusted her solar panels to take in every drop of available light. She’s about to take off for you.

1 Like

Usually once they start growing multi-lobed leaves

(the first full set of leaves) the humidity dome can be removed. Her roots are established and has the ability to support its growth.
And everything at this point accelerates and increases.

1 Like

So the humidity dome isn’t really necessary at this point in her development?

You still have another node to go before true leaves. 5 fingers or more.

2 Likes

Should continue to have a humidity done over her?

There really isnt a right or wrong here @An-Cap1776

I’ve grown seedlings at 40% humidity and 65% humidity dome on dome off. What do you think you should do? Whst would someone who loves their plant do?

If humidity is difficult for you to maintain in the 60% range, go dome on till the leaves start touching the sides of the dome or get a humidifier in the tent and set fan control to 65% rh and go domeless.

She looks great by the way. She got a name?

2 Likes