Leaves on my WW are curling

I bent the main cola over to keep it from getting burned from the 650 mh light and it has been ok for about 2 weeks. I just noticed this tonight when checking the girls. I fed them with Bergman’s flower nutes 1/5 tsp per gallon two days ago. I have noticed that the leaves were a little bit curled. They now appear to be curled moreso than before. I have changed nothing else. Runoff 2 days ago was 6.4. Do you think it’s the heat from the light. Ambient temp in the tent at the top of the plants are 81 lights on and 59 lights off. See the pics and let me know what you think.

1 Like

Do you have a ppm meter to measure the runoff ppms? Also, what type of soil are you in?

How far are the lights from the plant tops? 81 degrees is fine. The day/night temp swing is pretty wide. Might try to keep it around 70 at night.

1 Like

No ppm but I have been stable with the watering and the runoff ph. Fox Farms Ocean is what I have been running. One quart of water, then two quarts of water with nutes according to Bergman’s schedule. My temps have been stable for the entire grow at this range. I am about 15” from the light with the taller of the two plants. 18” with the other. I was bending the top cola away from the light. The curling appears to be lower now than just the top of the plant based on my pics.

1 Like

I have had similar issues and it was caused by excessive build up of PPMs in the soil. Have you flushed at all recently? And have you added nutrients since it was a seedling, or did you start using them later invvegetative ornflowering stages?

If you don’t see anything telling there, could be a vpd issue too. What’s rh look like?

1 Like

I flushed once when I had nute burn. I have been following Bergmans feeding schedule, with a quart of fresh water first. Then 2 quarts water with nutes when the plants are dry.

Humidity has been consistent at about 45% after watering and the it drops to 35% and stays there most all the time.

1 Like

I think the curled and dying leaves were to tell me that it was time. What do you guys think ?
@dbrn32, @Myfriendis410, @ThcinKC, @Missiles, @DoobieNoobie

3 Likes

They sure look nice and beefy. Can you get a picture in natural light for us?

2 Likes

Could be, I agree with the young lady some pics in natural light would be easier to tell.

1 Like

My ilgm ww really packed on the weight in the last 2 1/2 weeks. They look good but you still have time check your trichomes and wait till you get 15 or 20%amber trichomes but not light amber but more golden like these inserts. I would spike the stalk and start giving ice baths before your light’s go out. My first go i picked early and cost me alot of weight compared to my second grow with this white widow. I hope this helps you and look for some leaf death to before you chop but either way this is a couch lock it’s just how much of a couch lock you want will determine when you chop.

These first three are off the first plant.

These three are from the second plant. They germinated 1 day apart.

2 Likes

I’m also getting random leaves dying off…

2 Likes

How long in full flower? Did you look at the trichomes?

I see some foxtailing which is an indicator of a mature plant.

2 Likes

You probably got 3 weeks at least definitely need to start watching the trichomes. I let mine go to see how frosty i could get them
Something like this sugar black rose i could of chopped 2 weeks before i did but it was worth the wait to get it like this. This is where patience really pays off in this part of the grow your tops are going to put on some weight.

1 Like

Man…, @ThcinKC should be proud of her, shoot, Might have to carry around a stick to beat the boys off her, she sure is fine!

1 Like

Went into flower Jan 1. From germination, I am way passed 12 weeks.

In flower on January 1 minus 2 weeks to allow for change that is like 5 1/2 weeks you still have a way to go

2 Likes

Okay. I’m looking at all those golden pistils on the first plant.

O.k. but what you are looking for to turn gold is the trichomes do you have a jewellers loupe?
So you can see them

This is a bad example but you get the idea there’s better examples on here

1 Like