Leaves looking funny, please help!

Some weird spotting and dark colors. it’s worse on the top leaves the higher up. Ones lower toward the base don’t look nearly like this but starting to a little.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Good evening. A little more information about your grow would help a bunch on us being able to help you. You need to fill out a support ticket. @beardless @MeEasy @dbrn32 would any of you have a support ticket? :blush::v:

1 Like

@Wiggywam
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

Thanks for posting support ticket, I would like to see this too.

2 Likes

Definitely. I know what my gut reaction is but I’m curious to see answers before I give any advice that makes somethin worse.

5 Likes

I’d like to see the support ticket too, but it looks like natural color fade towards the end of flower. Can be caused by low temps or nutrient deficiency. I’ll hold off further comments until I see the support ticket tho :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Okay, i’ll provide what i can. Sorry, first grow!
-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Chornic Widow feminized, from ILGM
-Age of plant
Id say its been in flowering stage for 5-6 weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
soil, no added salt, but use calimagic as directed on the bottle with most waterings, and every 3 day or so use FloraNova as directed
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
Plastic pots from lowes
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Ph of soil usually sits around 7.2, ill add some PH down once a week or so
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
not sur ewhat this means
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
use a measuring tool that was recommended to me, see picture
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
indoor, i’ll send a picture of the set up that i bought and use from amazon, and i run the light at 50%
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
current schedule is 12/12
-Temps; Day, Night
its inside so usually around 70 degrees id say, humidity around 40%
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
neither of these, but it use the carbon filter ventiation, the room never feels too humid or too dry.

-Co2; Yes, No
not sure?

@Graysin @MattyBear @dbrn32 we have a ticket!!! Thank you all very much for responding!!! @Wiggywam the cavalry shall be here soon. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the support ticket. It really gives the members and moderators a fighting chance of staving off any issues you may be experiencing. Best of luck with the grow my friend. Remember the best grown is homegrown!!! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@Wiggywam can you post a pic of whole plant?

1 Like

How do you measure the soil pH? I find that reading to be highly suspect, largely because FFOF is notorious for tanking in pH around the 6-8 week of life marker. Unless you’ve already had a flush/reset, I would like to examine this a bit more closely.

Do you have calibration fluid for that meter? Cheapies are okay, especially to get rolling and start saving up the $$$ on not buying dispensary bud, but it will often fall out of calibration and it is somewhat inaccurate. Calibration fluid is high on my “recommend” list, just so you have peace of mind that everything is accurate.

Any idea when you flipped the lights to 12/12?

How are you determining when it’s time to water? I’m curious if you may just have some damp roots.

Okay now I’ll get onto my thoughts, which don’t amount to much meaningful right this moment.

• the pH being suspect is my biggest cause for concern, and largely just due to the spotting you’re seeing. It’s not extremely clear from the photos but it looks like it could be A) Bug damage or B) pH preventing absorption of calcium or magnesium (honestly they cooccur enough I don’t have great eyes spotting which is which).
  • the leaves darkening and taking on different colors is very probably just senescence, aka the chlorophyll leaving as the plant matures and the other pigments taking dominance. This phenomenon is totally natural and normal - think the changing of leaves in the fall. :v:

More insight into the questions I asked may help us narrow down a bit more.

2 Likes

You could and should use meters to check concentration and ph of your nutrient solution/waterings. These should be rather specific to your grow and if improper can leave you with issues very similar to what you have pictured. When you run into issues, you can test before giving to plant and then collect runoff from pots in clean dish to test and make comparison to what you put in. This will allow you to identify trends in media and root zone. For example, applying 1000ppm at 6.5ph and collecting runoff that reads 5000ppm and 5.5ph would tell you that you have a buildup of nutrients and crashing ph. This won’t necessarily tell you which happened first or why, but you don’t need to know in order to fix this example. You simply flush with ph’d water until both are corrected and then reset base nutrients.

Based on your plants looking not terribly far from harvest, it’s probably a lot to do for very limited return on efforts. I think i would just prepare enough ph’d water that you can get a solid rinse of pot on next watering, then collect the runoff and make in/out comparison for your own knowledge.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the insight! I switched to 12/12 about 6 weeks ago, to move into flowering. The buds themselves look fantastic. I’ll keep an eye on the PH more for my next grow.

Thanks again everyone!

3 Likes

I’d suggest adding additional lighting or an upgrad, it’d thicken her up a bunch.