Leaves have burnt spots and yellowing

Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:

I have 2 auto plants in mid flower (Gorilla Cookies auto Charlotte’s Angel) I had been feeding them the same but the GC looks unhappy.

The water I use is a mix of Mixing ¾ RO and ¼ tap water to get to 0.2 EC and then add cal mag agent until 0.4 EC as Canna suggest.

They are in Plagron lightmix and Im using Plagron mineral nutrients at half strength as the autos seem sensative and I PH the water to 5.8-6.2 .

I had been feeding them both at 1.0 EC then I noticed what I thought were signs of nutrient burn on the GC so I did a mini flush untill around 0.6 EC waited a day or two and watered with 0.8 EC feed untill 0.8-0.7 EC runoff then kept at 0.8 EC for the next (this last) week but things have only got worse.

This is how it started out :-

and has prgressed to this over the past week :-

Dose it just need more nutrients? im not sure what to do?

The Charlotte’s Angel seems happy enough its leaves are quite dark the very end of the leaf tips are burnt (only about 1mm) but no clawing or burnt looking leaves its starting to build up some aroma so I think she is happy? she is in the frount of this pic :-

Hope I can get some advice.

Thanks.

SS.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Your plants look overfed. Dark green, waxy leaves are a symptom of too much nitrogen. Are you managing runoff PPM?

I suggest using a product intended for cannabis. Advanced Nutrients, General Hydroponics, the Fox Farm Trio, and Jack’s 321 are all good examples.

6 Likes

Hi MidwestGuy thank you for the welcome and reply :slight_smile: .

The flash on my camera definitely makes the leaves look darker but I thought they looked a bit too dark aswell so i did the “mini flush” just over a week ago down to 0.6 from 1.0 using 0.4 calmag water then reduced the feed i gave it to 0.8 EC (I water/feed them then catch and test the runoff and its the same EC as I put in) the Gorilla Cookies had fairly dark leaves while it was just using the nutrients in the soil too before I started feeding.

I will take it outside tomorrow and try to get some better photos.

I think the lower fan leaves look more like pictures i see of excess nitrogen but the upper fan leaves look like they need feeding? is that correct for excess nitrogen?.

Plagron seem to have a good reputation but I am planning on moving over to organic growing with no bottled nutrients.

I’m using plagron Green Sensation at half strength 0.5ml/l (the PK booster/enzyme part) this raises the water from 0.4EC to 0.6EC Sugar Royal at half strength 0.5ml/l (Amino Acids) dosent change the EC and Bloom at just under half strength at 2ml/l taking it up to 0.8EC.

Could I still be using too much nitrogen? maybe I should water/feed with full strenght Green Sensation and Sugar Royal and decrease the bloom nutrients?

Maybe the CalMag agent be the problem? My tap water is only around 0.5EC, I read that autos like more CalMag, that LED lights can increase the need for CalMag and Canna’s website suggests if your water is over 0.4 then to mix Tapwater with RO water untill 0.2EC then use CalMag untill you get 0.4 EC so thats why I started using it.

CalMag was the only thing I was feeding them before the runoff EC from the soil fell to around 0.7 EC and I just read that its 2% Nitrogen 4% Calcium and 1.2% Magnesium so maybe that could explain the dark leaves early on when I said I wasnt feeding as I didnt count the CalMag? and why there are signs of nitrogen issues, maybe being underfed? and possibly not using enough PK?

Here are a couple of quick photos under my bedroom light I’ll take some outside during the day tomorrow.

2 Likes

Looks to nutrient toxicity, I did’nt see a PH mentioned :love_you_gesture: