Leaves drooping?

Question from a fellow grower:

What do you think is the cause of the drooping leaves? I am no watering more than my other plants. Don’t think it is root lock because only two weeks old. Maybe lack of nitrogen? Soil is tested at 6.4 ph today watering with 6.8 RO water.

1 Like

More info is needed. Fill out best you can.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

Support ticket would help a lot, thanks @Laurap! Also if you can get pictures in natural lighting too.

2 Likes

[quote=“Laurap, post:2, topic:27152”]

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - Mowie Wowie from ILGM
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - Soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - Pots (coconut fiber)
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - Water 6.8 PH
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor
  • Light system - LED
  • Temps; Day, Night - Day = 74 F Night = 62 F
  • Humidity; Day, Night - Day = 65% Night = 45%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - Yes (190 CFM variable speed, set at lowest speed)
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier - Humidifier (only running during day)
  • Co2; Yes, No - NO

here are some pictures.

1 Like

Do you already have them in the ff ocean? Its really hot for seedlings. Also the sweet spot for soil is 6.5. Your still in range but barely. Youre topping out @ max ph for soil @ 6.8.

1 Like

Watering, either under or over watering, is the main cause of droopy leaves.

2 Likes

First thing I saw when the OP posted.

Let your plants dry out between waterings. I would also drop the PH down closer to 6.3 or so.

1 Like

The soil is always really dry when I water I test it with a moisture meter. I was on a 20:4 light schedule, I just changed to 18:6. Also turned the ventilation up just a tiny bit. Maybe the heat from FF soil damaged the roots. I tested the PH of the soil today and it was still 6.8 and completely dry. Do you think adding a drop of lemon juice to the soil might help?

1 Like

Um; how are you checking PH of your input water? If you are using drops or strips or one of those cheapatron 3 in 1 meters it would be a good idea to upgrade to a good digital PH pen.

I would leave the soil be as it is designed for cannabis. Yeah it’s hot but you are already in it and I’ve grown in it along with tons of others.

Lemon juice can be used to bring down PH but there are inexpensive commercial alternatives that do both a better job and are micronutrients. Sounds like you are watering correctly although most of us just lift the pot and gauge it by hand.

1 Like

I have a digital meter. Calibrating and correcting with General Hydroponics solution.

1 Like

I mean it is not the most expensive meter. It is the yellow Dr. Meter that you have to calibrate each time you use it.

1 Like

Perfect. That’s a relief. Your input PH is critically important.

It sounds like you are doing pretty good overall.

thanks, just frustrating that these are performing the way they are…This however is my first time growing during the winter months so maybe that is throwing something off…who knows.

1 Like

I mean overall they look healthy except for the drooping. tonight the soil was so dry it was crusted away from the sides of the coca fiber, so watered. That is why the soil is moist.

1 Like

Yeah. They look overwatered and rootbound. I would transplant them once they dry out some :v::bear:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help. Check out the 24 hour improvements…amazing.

1 Like