Leaves curling down, need opinions!

Noticed my leaves curling down, so I dimmed the light from 430-450 ppfd (28-30 dli) down to 375-395 ppfd (23-25 dli) was this the right move here? I just turned it up to 430-450 yesterday and

previous to that I was at 330-350 ppfd. This is day 10 and they are autos

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about them. They look healthy and happy. In about 1 week they are really gonna pick up the growth rate

1 Like

Do you think 375-390 ppfd 23-25 dli is sufficient for them?

1 Like

I think for seedlings it 200-400 Ppfd. You should be fine.

1 Like

So my new plan is to keep the light at this level until they get their first real full leaves and then ramp it up to the mid 400s then when they start flowering ramp up to the high 500s. Seem about on track?

1 Like

You will need more once your in flowering. What light are you running?

Spiderfarmer se3000

Was kinda going off of this

1 Like

When is an auto in veg and not a seedling anymore? I can’t seem to get a clear answer on that.

1 Like

I have yet to go down the rabbit hole of DLI but I believe @Nicky has a thread that talks all about it. And I don’t grow autos but I think after 2 weeks they are not considered seedlings anymore.

2 Likes

Yea I’ve got the dli thing down I’m just not clear on the whole seedling/veg thing so I’m kinda guessing on the light levels because idk what stage I’m in. But the two weeks sounds like it would be right. I’m at day 10 so 4 more days until it’s really vegging I guess.

1 Like

It’s a non exact science. Some say it when the first 2 full set of leafs (so the 3rd set of leafs) means your now in veg.

In reality just watch the stretch, more light keeps a plant shorter which isn’t a bad thing it helps grow the roots and not over stretch the young plant.
I always grow a really short and stocky plant for a couple nodes then start watching their Node spacing shooting for 1/2" after a couple nodes.

It’s an art.

Also I wouldn’t use that DLI advise from growers diarys

Here is one I modified

1 Like