Leaves curling down after Superthrive

@joe1

I hope you didn’t cut though’s two top leaves off yet…tell me you didn’t

The most common cause of marijuana leaf cupping aka leaf margin rolling, leaf margin burn, and leaf tip curl/burn is overzealous use of marijuana plant food. In relationship to factors such as marijuana plant vigour and rate of growth. Leaf burn is often the very first sign of too much marijuana fertilizer.
A hard, crispy feel to the marijuana leaf frequently occurs as well, as opposed to a soft and cool feel of a happy pot leaf. Back off on the amount and/or frequency of using marijuana fertilizer. Too much marijuana fertilizer can also burn the roots, especially the sensitive root tips, which then creates another set of problems. Note - as soil dries, the concentration of the remaining salts rises further exacerbating the problem.

I have more on this if you would like

Will

1 Like

I cut the (2) leaves on the side. the ones curling bad. Did I ruin the plant? Majikotoker said he would do that.
Joe

Ya I saw that and I didn’t want to step on any toe’s to create any problems. But i won’t cut any leaves off a plant unless there to far gone.
That’s just me, i feel that with the info i have on your plants, they will recover.

By the way @Majiktoker and I are best of friends on and odd the forum.

Will

1 Like

Only reason I stated so is because it will prevent the plant from wasting valuable energy on damaged leaves. This is a plant I have removed the leaves since she was a baby and absolutely nothing wrong with it. If it would damage your plant I wouldn’t advise it…

One picture from one side sorry about the lighting in the pictures

Here is the other side of the same plant, these are to show that removing leaves can sometimes benefit the plant

1 Like

@Majiktoker

Thanks you sir, I stand corrected on that. well not corrected cause i know you can. I just hate to do it to a sick plant lol in not causing it more stress.
But i see that you have done it and every thing worked out fine.

Thank You
Will

2 Likes

Yea my pleasure i was trying to figure how I could phrase that without stepping on any toes

@Majiktoker and you did, and you dif it just fine

Will

I took ooff all the yellow leaves as they showed up and I think it grew pretty good. This pic was week before harvest.

2 Likes

I leave mine on until they are almost brown

but that’s mostly because I wouldn’t be able to get them all without damaging good leaves she will be getting harvested this weekend maybe an oz? if lucky she was a runt mother that didn’t make the grade when I was choosing which to clone and no colour just in sugar leafs

2 Likes

I had a problem with low ph neuts. just once. most of the plants look ok . I have one plant that it looks as if it dried it out leaves curling and such. can you fix this by using water a little more than normal? I don’t want to cut the leaves if I don’t have to. here is a pic.

Now to me she looks to be just overed. Let her dry out for a few days and check to see how damp she. Then take it from there

Will

2 Likes

thanks I just watered again to try and flush neuts. this was the only one that reacted badly to the low ph neuts. but I will let dry out and see what happens. I only water 2 times a week. hopefully it will correct itself its one of my wws.

Hey Ranger Buddy, My leaves are curling in just a little on the sides. It’s only a few but I’m really watching for anything. You’re kicking my but on the WW auto, Mine are just a little bigger at 8 weeks. Not as controlled environment as yours though. Temps and humidity bouncing everywhere.

I believe that’s a problem. To get a great product, it really needs a controlled environment. I’d fill out a support ticket and see what the pro’s think.

Joe

I am using a 315 watt light emitting ceramic. I fertilize once a week with Cornucopia Plus products: Advantage Grow and Plant Energy. I can’t tell if these plants are healthy or not.