Leaves consistently burned

In other news, I put this gold leaf and blue haze outside because the seedlings were puny and I assumed they’d die. No nutes. Mostly rainwater and a little tap. But hey, look at them! They’re the same age as the indoor bushy blue haze.

6 Likes

Wow that’s great. Gave up on them and they look good

2 Likes

I’m just hoping the neighbors don’t pay attention. :joy_cat:

6 Likes

Yeah, could try pointing the fan away from that leaf for a while and see if it helps.

3 Likes

Thanks! Love all your journals. I learn something new every time I read them. :bulb:

2 Likes

Doing some weird watering over here. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That is one dense plant!

Yeah, the outside ones are a lot airier. Idk why they’re so different. :thinking:

1 Like

Light intensity. The sun is 8 million miles away. A bit of stretch is all fine.

And the environment outside is very diff then anything we can replicate indoors

2 Likes

Just curious never saw fabric pot watered like that??? Was thinking of hempy bucket method with a fabric pot and dirt with water at bottom.

2 Likes

It wicks moisture up. Weird but works. I tried it with my boys last watering. Time will tell but they still aint dead yet.

3 Likes

I feel like they get a more thorough watering that way. I put a 2 inch layer of coco at the very bottom of each fabric pot to help with moisture retention, so when I soak the pots, they get a big drink. And I put the nutrients into the water, too.
I’ve been doing the same for years with my houseplants in regular pots. :woman_shrugging: They seem to be doin fine.
Here are some updated pics. 7 weeks blue haze indoor vs outdoor.

6 Likes

Bottom watering will help prevent fungus gnats too.
The girls look great @bunnyblue :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’ve actually been pruning quite a bit, taking off some of the big fan leaves so more light can penetrate, but it just fills right back in.

4 Likes

Okay this is exciting! I am bringing in about 18 clones for a quick trip and flip. I was trying to figure out how to water that would not involve pulling each out or sitting and refilling my sprayer. This could be a good alternative. Hope to hear more!

1 Like

I just wrestled these girls out of their 5 gal pots and into these 7 gal pots, then watered them. They’re so big and fluffy, I’m gonna diiiiieee!
Blue Haze photo
8 weeks old
Soil with some coco
Bergman’s nutrients
I guess I’ll flip to flower next week?

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Hellraiser
I was looking at pics of other peoples’ blue haze photo grows. Are mine too big? They seem huge. :grimacing: Like maybe I’m waiting too long to put them into flower?
They’re 8 weeks.
My 24” quilting ruler for size comparison:

6 Likes

Haha they are some heathy thick ladies. You may wanna flip soon if ur limited on height. Hazes tend to really stretch in transition.

4 Likes

You might want to thin them out a little before putting them in flower.
You want to chop big leaves that are covering other lower bud sites from getting light and air movement! :+1: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There was … a shootout.

8 Likes