Leaves consistently burned

I need to get some of those. And I think they lowered pH when he meant to bring it up :man_facepalming:t5::weary::laughing:

1 Like

Hi and welcome!

Quick question, if you don’t mind my asking. What gave you the idea to mix coco coir and soil?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing! You are well covered with the growers looking at your issue.

PH down is phosphoric acid: a micronutrient. Lemon juice and citric acid are not. Just an FYI.

5 Likes

Thanks Al. So citric acid is t a good pH down? Asking for a friend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Citric acid works well; I have some and have used it and lemon juice both. But PH down is designed for the purpose and as stated is good for the plants.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I’d never heard that. I’d switched to Citric acid back when I used kind soil. They stressed to never use phosphoric acid in their soil. Only citric acid. Maybe something in the make up of their soil that disagrees with it?

Yeah; I think that’s the exception. If you want to stay organic you should stay away from PH down.

I’m so sorry for my late response! I’m new, so I had a 24 hour lock on making new replies. Thanks for all your help! I read along as y’all posted replies. Now I’m just waiting for Amazon to deliver my goods. I’m glad lemon juice and/or citric acid works for some people. Maybe I’m just doing it all wrong. I’d love to stay organic, but I’ll probably use pH down to fix this issue before re-assessing, simply because it seems pressing at the moment.

Re coir + soil. I have no scientific reason for mixing these. I’m just comfortable with soil, since I’m an organic gardener for all my other plants and vegetables. I might toughen up next time and go straight coir. But idk. I’m already scared since I botched this one!

1 Like

She ain’t dead yet :wink:

2 Likes

I got all the measuring stuff. So, I pH downed my water, added a little boogie brew and re-tested. pH was 2.4. I poured a lot around the plant and let it drain. Then I tested the water that drained. It was at 5.3. Does this mean anything/am I doing this all wrong? Do I need to put this poor little girl up for adoption so she can have a healthy, fulfilling life away from her abusive mother?
Also, I used the contaminant thingy and measured the runoff and it was over 2k. I’m not sure what that means, but there it is.

O my … Never Pour anything lower then the range into ur soil. Thats waaaay too low. Id go in solid flush. 3x the size of ur pot worth of water PH’d properly. (6-6.8) and check runoff until its in range.

2.4?!?! Its a wonder she hasnt kickd the bucket

I used powdered citric acid. $~4 @ Wally’s will last you a life time. Just an itty bitty pinch drops a gallon of my tap water from 7.8 to 6.3.

1 Like

:worried:

Flushing with Evian!

Sorry. She may not be happy with it. But its for the greater good! Make sure u monitor runoff. U can stop when ur over 6.4

1 Like

Ok, last measurement of runoff was 6.4 exactly. So I stopped. I’ll let you know how she does. :flushed:

2 Likes

Crap… super soil. Hope we didnt wash too much out. Do u have a ppm meter?

1 Like

It’s still in the 2000s on the ppm thing for runoff. She’s looking ok. Not like fallen over dead yet or anything. :grimacing:

1 Like

Thats some HEAVY HEAVY soil. Good deal tho. Should be happy by the morning.

She is still trapped in our mortal coil. So, yay!
Imma just leave her alone for a while. Sit here in the corner and think about what I did. Stuff like that. :joy_cat:

Thanks for all your help!!

4 Likes

Bahahaha. Ive been in a corner in timeout myself a few times. Welcome to my world. No problems and best of luck.

3 Likes