Leaves brittle and yellow

From a fellow grower: I am having a problem with my plants, that I am growing… the leaves are turning yellow and brittle to touch. What could be causing this problem?

he strain is Chronic Widow, feminized. It is being grown in a cocoa coir mix, placed in an open air tent. The nutrients that we are using are

Flora Micro 2.5 ml
Flora Gro 2.5 ml
Flora Bloom 1.25 ml
Cali Mag 5 ml

The lighting is Mars Hydro TS 1000w LED
The humidity is 41%
Temp 77 degrees

The plants are in 3 gal grow bags with a coco coir and perilite mix. The tent is located in the basement of a house with central air

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

RH of 41 is a little dry for veg isn’t it?

2 Likes

Pics would help. Also what phase of growth are you in? Seedling? Veg? Flower?

I don’t see ph or ppm mentioned either.
:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Got the right nutrients now. What is your pH after adding nutrients? Are you adjusting it to 5.7-5.8? Are you watering your coco girls to run off every single day? These are all requirements in coco. Fed everyday. Coco is an inert medium, they only get what you give them, every day. Not quite seeing your ratio either. To guess where they are at without a picture.

1 Like

Oh snap. Just remembered. Here is an app one of the forum members made for this nutrient line. Should be of great help.

1 Like

[quote=“ILGM.Support, post:1, topic:74763, full:true”]
From a fellow grower: I am having a problem with my plants, that I am growing… the leaves are turning yellow and brittle to touch. What could be causing this problem?

he strain is Chronic Widow, feminized. It is being grown in a cocoa coir mix, placed in an open air tent. The nutrients that we are using are

Flora Micro 2.5 ml
Flora Gro 2.5 ml
Flora Bloom 1.25 ml
Cali Mag 5 ml

The lighting is Mars Hydro TS 1000w LED
The humidity is 41%
Temp 77 degrees

The plants are in 3 gal grow bags with a coco coir and perilite mix. The tent is located in the basement of a house with central air
[/quote]

Here the pics of my plants

Lower leaves will die off and drop: you should remove them as disease can be a problem with dead leaves. Interveinal chlorosis (yellow between veins) indicates a need to supplement with cal mag. Coco will sequester calcium and you have to add more when using in this media.

FYI your light is inadequate to properly flower out your plant.

eb58368476153373ad29211248800732cb0d6ebd_1_375x500

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. I will adjust the c

1 Like

Thank you for the chart!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help for new grower with yellowing leaves

What would you recommend for lighting?

1 Like

That depends on your grow space and number of plants you want to grow. I’m a fan of Horticulture Lighting Group (HLG) and before you pass out from sticker shock let me just say a few things:

Highest efficacy lights in the business. This means they are more economical than almost any other lights.

Nothing manufactured overseas (China, India etc) uses Samsung diodes which are currently the top of the line. Despite any claims these companies make (outrageous)

Light is the engine that drives every process. Without adequate light you will have unhealthy, poor-yielding flower. The ONE thing you can’t cheap out on is lights.

These lights are also dimmable for seedling and veg, you can slam them down on plants for better canopy penetration and it’s a more diffuse light so less chance of bleaching/burning.

I have diy lights basically comparable to an HLG 260, I run them at peak; 210 watts (80%) and for all of veg at around 150 watts. I normally pull 12 oz of flower from under each light. (I do other things too but gotta have the right light)

This is a thread started by one of the other Mods and both he and this thread pretty much cover it all. You can tag him with any questions you may have. Just use the @ sign ahead of the handle: DBRN32

2 Likes

What amount of Cali mag, would you recommend?

Whatever the package recommends. I don’t use it as I’m on the Jack’s 3-2-1 program.