Leaves are starting to curl and droop, What Do I Do?

I tried this and I’m scared I ma have killed it. I’m holding out on the other two to see how this one does but when I picked it up out of the old pot, most of the dirt fell away from the roots. If I have to do that again, I’d probably water the plant good so the soil stays put when I scoop it out from underneath.

1 Like

As long as you get the dirt around the roots and dampened the soil she should come back. Just give her some time. Probably a good call to try one 1st. And one thing about growing is the ups and downs. I’ve lost more plants, you wouldn’t believe.

You could go to the pet store & buy a bowl of red wiggler worms

If you have an ace hardware, ive been using their whitney farm organic soil… its been working so far… just needs a pinch of epsom salt every other water or so.

I was wondering if putting worms in the soil would help. Can anyone tell me what is meant by runoff PPMs. What is runoff?

1 Like

Runoff is the water that comes out the bottom of the pots after watering. You want 10% to 15% runoff. Which means if you put 1 gallon of water/feed in the soil, you want at least 10% of that to come out the bottom. Then you can check the ppms of that water to see if you need to make adjustments to your water going in. I don’t normally check unless I’m seeing something wrong.

3 Likes

What @Dforce said. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think the one I destroyed attempting a replant is going to make it. I’m also not 100% sold on the idea that these plants were over watered as the soil was slightly damp. I do however think I was overfeeding. I was giving each plant approximately 1 pint of water a day using Bergman’s fertilizer at recommended amounts. The ppm’s were around 750, PH 6.0. Based on a unanimous response ph will now always be as close to 6.5 as I can get it, but I believe the damage done was done by overfeeding. Now I’m flushing with 6.5 PH and no nutes and they’re looking a little healthier but not growing as fast.

My concern here is the stems to the big fan leaves are dark purple and all they do is prevent all the little nodes underneath from getting direct light. I’m thinking the dark purple might be from overfeeding My two surviving plants are 15 and 14 inches tall. Is it safe to prune the good for nothing fan leaves yet?

1 Like

Purple stems are normal. As far as trimming if you think shes recovering wait til you think shes good. I target the stemmy leaves first and go from there.

1 Like