Leaves are starting to curl and droop, What Do I Do?

I may have been guilty of over watering so I bought a soil meter and quit watering for two days and water saturation has come down from 7 to 4 so I’ll probably go another day without, but what really concerns me is the soil meters PH rating. I’ve been intentionally controlling PH levels with my feed in a range between 5.90 and 6.10 and this meter was reading 8 two days ago and drop due to no watering to 7.50

1 Like

Those meters are not the best for pH readings what’s mixed with the soil for aeration usually use perlite or other things to aerate the soil with thanks

1 Like

You are in soil?
I think you want Ph in to be around 6.5
Need to get a Ph pen for testing your water

It’s better to learn watering from looking at the medium. Those water metres aren’t great. If you overwatered to the point of severe droop, you might need to let them dry out even more. Can you post closer pics of the medium?

1 Like

Toss that meter Growmie…very unreliable! Soil likes a wet to dry cycle and depending on the vessel size this could be 3-5 days between watering/feeding. Soil PH range is 6.3-6.8 with 6.5 being optimum :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

More pics of the medium as requested

1 Like

I’ve also included nutrients in every watering, but have heard some folks only add nutes every other watering. 5What’s the best recommendation on this?

You need perlite in your soil. looks like poor drainage issues.

1 Like

Good morning @Tim64. You might want to fill out a support ticket so we know more about you growing conditions. And I agree, that meter you are using in not good. But don’t feel bad a lot of us purchased those and found out the hard way. :blush::v:

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier

4 Likes

@Tim64 Please fill out the support ticket that @Flitme has provided, that will help the best. The more info we have the better info we can give you back.

3 Likes

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed : ILGM Maui Wowie
• Method: Soil - Hardware store generic store topsoil
• Soil brand and type: Unknown
• Vessels: 5 Gallon canvas sacks
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (what’s runoff?) PH = between 5.90 and 6.10,
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable PPM: between 750 and 800
• Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
• Light system King LED 2000W – 16 hour on, 6 off
• Temps; Day, Night: precisely: Unknown, the house is set to 70 degrees
• Humidity; Day, Night Unknown, but I do run a humidifier blindly an hour a day to be certain it’s not too dry
• Ventilation system; Yes, no, Size: The door to the closet= looking for suggestions on his one
• AC, Humidifier: cheap unit I run an hour a day.

I didn’t know I need to mix anything with the soil for aeration. Is it too late to do this without hurting the roots?

Can try and scrap as much off the top without disturbing the roots and mix some perlite with the soil you took out and before you put it back on the soil try and get some shiskabobs sticks or anything like it and gently poke some holes in the soil and add the remaining soil perlite mix back to it and water gently and there’s always the chance of taking it out of the pot easy and replanting it but it’s up to you and I’m sure others might chime in and have an opinion

Common practice is to alternate between feeding then watering with a dry back period in between.

Are they photo’s? If so you have a couple options, if photo’s.
#1 is carefully transplant into a cannabis friendly soil, if not, carefully remove as much of the dirt and add 50/50 perlite. Try to get as far down as you can. If you cut some roots, it will slow the growth, but will come back.
I would personally try to work some washed perlite down the sides to the bottom.
Or ride it out, 1 good thing you are in cloth pots. Just make sure you don’t keep over watering. And Next grow get some cannabis soil.

Can you describe the properties that define good cannabis soil. I wish this step was as easy as going to the store and buying the sack labeled good cannabis soil.

2 Likes

Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Happy Frog
Promix HP
Can’t tell you exactly what is in them, but proven to work well. I personally use Promix HP and Coco.
There are others that some use I can’t think of. Hopefully some others with fill in my blank memory.

1 Like

Mother Earth coco/perlite, Big Rootz, Tupur Gold

1 Like

With all plants, weeds, etc, the roots need oxygen to survive, so with a cannabis friendly soil it helps with allowing oxygen to stay in the soil. Along with other important ingredients. This is why you don’t want to over water, you will drowned the plant.

1 Like

Roots Original soil is great. easy to use as is right out of the bag, drains great, holds ph very well and you only need to ph what goes in, and has enough nutrients to get start without being too hot.
I have not read a complaint about Roots Original, can’t say the same about other brands.

2 Likes