Leaves Are Dying

@Zee ok so I forgot to say that my meter is on the 500 scale and my nutrients instructions are on the 700 scale. So I made the mixture too strong earlier and added water to the plants to tone it down. I put in close to 2300 ppm and the runoff just now was right at 2000. The ph runoff was 5.

Wayyy to low bud. The plant is not intaking the nutes it needs, you need to flush her till you get in the mid 6s.

1 Like

How? Bucket of water and dip it? I’m using fabric grow bags.

Do you have pH up and down?

1 Like

No. Just my tap water that is between 6-6.2. I have these

Please give me step by step instructions if you can. I’ve never done this. Like what to do now, and what to do after flushing.

You need to keeping adding your tap water till you get the pH up as high as you can. If you can move her to the tub, I would. Start testing the pH after 7 or 8 gallons though her, may take more.

Get yourself pH up and down.

When the runoff pH is at the 6 level.give her a one gallon watering with nutes and 5ml of Madcal @OlyBoy98503 I mean CalMag.

When you give her that last gallon with nutes and cm, test that pH and tell me what it is.

Do not flush with nutes or CalMag, just your tap water

2 Likes

I don’t get it though. Lol why would my soil meter tell me the soil ph is between 6-7 and the runoff be so low?! This is so confusing! Lol. My best option is to put them in a 5 gallon bucket and run water through them. If I do that, how do I test the runoff? Just run water through them and dump it out then water them and check it?

@Zee also can the runoff be used again since it’s full of nutrients or just discard it?

Ok @Zee ive flushed her quite a few times and it’s still low. Baking soda is a natural ph raiser. Can I use it? And if so, what ph would you put in to get it up a ove 6? Right now it’s 5.5.

I would not use baking soda.

I outlined all the steps.

Yes, flushing isn’t fun. Am not a cheerleader, I can’t hype you up to keep going.

Don’t reuse the runoff on the same plant, sure use on a household plant or outside plant.

Could also look into chelated minerals or dolomite lime to correct your pH issues. Dolomite lime is the more common answer and your soil already contains/contained some.

Here’s a good list of things, not all for pH. But minerals and dolomite are listed.

@Zee man I’ve been doing the flush this whole time! Wtf!!! Lol! Ok I put in 1600 PPM and runoff was 808. I put in 6.46 PH and runoff was 6.54.

1 Like

After all that work, she can now start taking in nutes get back to producing buds, according to that meter. 6.5 is the sweet spot. Great job!

Next step, did you add a gallon of water of nutes with 5ml of CalMag?

If that was your final feed of gallon water, let her dry out. In 2 to 4 days, you need to look her over, and follow up. She should start looking better.

@Zee yes. I added 10ml of calmag to 2gal. water. Also 2-8-4 tiger bloom, a little bit of 6-4-4 grow big and blackstrap molasses. 30ml/gal.

1 Like

@Zee should I leave the puddle of runoff in the pan or dump it out?

A little bit of runoff in pan is ok. More than a handful, drain it.

@Zee also, the instructions didn’t specify how to clean these meters after use. What is the best way to do so without harming them? And I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!! I would’ve been lost and my next grow would’ve been shit without you! I’m so glad you made me check my runoff to see that it was in the low 4s! So I shouldn’t have this problem again as long as I pit the right ppm and ph in the soil every time, right?

1 Like

Rinse the readers/heads/ pronges off with tap water, put them back in cover.

No worries.

Correct, when it come to pH levels, you have to be in the mid 6s, if you want the girls to take in the nutes.

Am not going to go on about my opinions, I also can’t say she will recover, but more likely than not she will. Time will tell.

1 Like

@Zee my grow room smells like a fart today. Is that because the ph was low and I corrected it you think? I drained the drip pans yesterday after I got through flushing them. I’ve read it could be root rot, but I have no clue. I made the swap to 12/12 June 11 so I think they’re too far along to be trying to unpot them to look. Should I just let it ride and see what happens or…