Leaves Are Dying

I also grow in coco. Have a p60… I simply do not need to in my soil… this was a suggestion for nutrients… if that doesn’t show the power of microbes nothing does… even the smallest bottle of tribus is $70. If someone suggested it to me I’d want pictures too.

1 Like

Water PH test is 6.2. Soil is 6.5. @Zee

1 Like

Those are wonderful numbers for soil.

1 Like

@Budz @Zee i got the test kits from the local farmers co-op. I’d say it’s pretty accurate if the farmers are using them to test their crop soil. I guess it’s a calmag issue? Or do I need to go ahead and test the phosphorus, potassium and nitrogen levels too?

1 Like

Happy growing! I told you what you should do based on my experience, can’t keep repeating myself.

2 Likes

@zee they already answered your question. They told you their input and root zone pH. The strips they speak of are not the pool strips that are largely affected by dyes… Which seems is where your knowledge on strips ends.

1 Like

@Budz if I’m thinking correct, PH shouldn’t really ever be an issue if my well water tap is at 6.2 right? I water them about 3 times a week, the soil is happy frog and I only feed them once a week with Fox Farm organic nutrients.

In a true organic environment you wouldn’t adjust pH anyway with a super soil. Which isn’t hard to make out of living soils like happy frog and ocean forest. If they weren’t living we wouldn’t call them soils. We would call them dirt.

1 Like

So with the numbers I gave you, what would you recommend? I use Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 once a week, Fox Farm Big Bloom at half strength with ever other watering, I just got blackstrap molasses to add to the diet today and I ordered calmag to be here Friday.

@Budz i forgot to mention something because I didn’t know to mention it. While reading on calmag deficiency, I noticed that a symptom is redding or purpling stems. I have that issue. My fan leaf stems are dark red almost purple.

Red stem is caused by a few different things but no concern. My veg light is a 100w blurple cross. Has white led too. All my plants have purple stems from it. I actually like it because when it comes time to lolipoping my first targets are color coded. Since all the new flower growth is green stems and the old veg is purple. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I didn’t read any ppm levels which would indicate feed levels. pH only makes nutrients available for uptake. Doesn’t say how many there are.

1 Like

@Budz i may be starving them of nutrients. I lightly feed them once a week because I thought this was a nutrient burn issue. Maybe I need to crank up the 2-8-4 and get them some phosphorus and potassium to munch on and give them some CalMag along with the bat and worm shit and molasses. If I do this, what would I need to look for as far as improvements vs. doing too much?

Order a cheap ppm meter and check your runoff. This is what I do anytime I run into issue. I just got lucky and found a way that worked for me by the end of a first horrible grow. Second is a beast and her clone is the one above.

Unlike pH meters cheap ppm meter are fine. Just make sure it’s on the scale you want to use.

1 Like

@Budz what am I shooting for? I’ve read 250ppm is around what you want?

Nope. Those are baby numbers. Your nutrient comes with a feed schedule. Go off of it. Those are even low for a seedling imo. Since mine are getting full strength jacks, in coco.

Don’t shock em. But bring it up to 700 then 1000-1200 mid flower. Unless your nutrient line says different.

1 Like

@Budz no man that’s the picture of the test kit I was gonna buy if it’s what I need. Those numbers are just the display model. Man I’ve been reading on PH, EC and PPM and I have to say, y’all are helping me a lot with this grow and to make sure my next grow already in progress run smooth as silk. So basically follow the recommended feed schedule and adjust the nutrients according to the EC and PPM of the mixture and also make sure to take measurements from the water runoff in my drip pan too?

1 Like

If you discard the initial runoff yes. Will give you an idea of what plant is eating.

It really isn’t this complicated for most. It just seems that way with how things are exajurated.
My grow style is largely less is more. All this scientific stuff only goes so far. And isn’t needed prior to running into an issue. It’s just good to have the quipment on hand and know how to use it. Using it religiously won’t ensure no problems. Every plant is different. Gotta learn her

2 Likes

@Budz I’ll stick to what I know then and not get too technical. I’ll just keep a measurement of what I put in and let her eat. I’m curious to see what my numbers are when those testers come in.

1 Like

That’s what @Randy_Marsh does. Works for them.

1 Like