Leaves a'curling

I have three autoflowers going and am a week and a half in. Things are going well but for one thing. The Northern Lights plant is showing some curling around the edges of the bottom leaves. The other two, a White Widow and Amnesia Haze aren’t curling. I have a 400watt hps set about 15inches over the tops. My guess is the light is a bit too close but wondering if anyone had advice.

seems to me that if all the plants are same distance from light…it is unlikely the distance of light is a factor. or it would effect other as well, no?

plus the light would effect the top before the bottom, logically.

the support crew here are simply amazing. incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. but they need info to help you.
best way to do that is copy/paste this into post and provide info.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA > Plant curling is Northern Lights Autoflower from ILGM seed bank

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? >Soil (Foxfarm Ocean Forest), 1.8 gallon pots

System type? not sure

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? need to check

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS >Just 1 1/2 weeks in so just cruising off what is in the soil

Indoor or Outdoor > Indoor

Light system, size? 400watt HPS, fan cooled

Temps; Day, Night > reading 80 degrees Fahrenheit at plant level, using 24hr light

Humidity; Day, Night > not sure

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size > using an open closet off of a spare bedroom. door is open and am using one fan to cool light blowing across light and out of closet. Another, larger oscillating fan in doorway cycling air into closet space. There is AC in spare bedroom.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No >no

I did a little research and the leaves in question look a lot like the picture on ILGM site of plant under heat stress. I raised the light to 18 inches and turned the fans on max and am now reading right at 80 degrees at leaf level. With light lower and fans blowing less it must have been a bit higher than 80 before making adjustments.

i dont know why this has got no attention yet.
unusual to say the least.
maybe posting a pic would help?

Happily, I found some photos and some YouTube clips showing the effects of heat stress on young plants. It looked spot on like what I was seeing on the one plant and, on closer inspection but to a much lesser extent, on the other two. I made some adjustments to reduce the heat at plant level. The plants are thriving and the significant new growth since making the adjustments looks nice and healthy. I am keeping a close eye on them and the temperature and have got things stabilized.

I do have one new question: The leaves that were damaged were those first and, to a lesser extent, second levels. You know, the bottom couple which are just single leaves and those right above which are three-section. Is it advisable to trim these heat damaged leaves or just let it ride?

normally, removing dead/dying leaves is good thing. but it may also cause stress. may want to let it stabilize a bit more.
they will most likely fall off if damaged enough anyway.

Copy that. Thanks.