Learning to adjust light schedule to flowering White Widow

Hello everyone!

This is my first grow, indoor, using AC infinity tent and feminized White Widow. Started November as seedling and here it is above. So far it is doing great I think but unsure how/when to trigger flowing light schedule. It was basically on 24 hours for two weeks and then 18/6 for last four weeks.

I feel like it should be bigger before I adjust light schedule but I do not know.

In addition I give it water about once every 4-6 days and right now it is drooping quite a bit.

1. Any idea how to determine right time to start flower stage?

2. How frequently should I be watering?

It is also fairly dry where I keep it so for example the tent says it is 26% humidity :disappointed:

4 Likes

It’s up to you, but many growers will consider height limitations, keeping in mind plant height may double the first few weeks of flowering.

Let the soil dry out between waterings. You will learn to be able to judge the water content in the pot by the pot’s weight.

Suggest at least ~50% during veg and <50% in flower to provide sufficient humidity for optimal growth and plant health.

6 Likes

new grower here…what are your thoughts on the 24hr darkness before flip to 12/12
also, do you gradually decrease light by day or change it one time?

2 Likes

I have no opinion on the 24 hrs dark before flip, but for the actual flip I just went from 18/6 to 12/12 in a day. Some people do do it gradually (i.e. a few days on 14/10 as an example) to minimize stretch.

2 Likes

Bro science. If you take away a plant’s light all it does is remove its energy source to grow.

Most growers do it all at once rather than gradually.

6 Likes

right on…appreciate the help

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy thanks for the information!! Might have to pickup a small humidifier.

3 Likes

My thoughts are, if she is happy, let it be. My 11-1 seedlings are slow growing in the cooler lung room (un-heated, except fortent lights. They also drink less water. @beardless or @beachglass did a posting of seedling sculpture that i want to duplicate. Need two more nodes for clone and sculp activity. Temps and humidity?

1 Like

We are an impatient bunch, for sure.

1 Like

PaOjtXFCVqp5Q8g0si

1 Like

White widow is a stretcher all the way into weeks 4-5 of flowering so assume she will almost double in size after the flip

6 Likes

Update: About 2.5 weeks into flowering. So far I am proud of the progress. Will keep updating!!

4 Likes

Welcome @bulbasaur You are doing it!;

You’ve got a very pretty girl with ponytails…

1 Like

Is it still OK to trim some of the fan leaves during the flowering stage? I could’ve sworn somewhere I saw you should do the majority of the trimming/shaping before flowering.

It seems based on other sections of the forum that it is OK to trim some of the leaves throughout flower, of course being mindful that the plant needs surface area to absorb light.

Absolutely! Congratulations, looking beautiful.
How young can young be?

She has two LST benders insde.

2 Likes

Update: I think she has a deficiency of some kind, lots of yellow drooping leaves towards bottom of plant.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this, humidity is 41% and temps are in the 71-76 range.

@bulbasaur i found a nice manual humidifier that works with the inkbird on amazong for 30 bucks, was here the next day

1 Like

Oh nice I will look that up today, still on waitlist for fancy AC infinity humidifer units

1 Like

This usually means underfed. Pics?