Learning how to auto

very nice!

1 Like

5-8-4 once a week at 4-6 tablespoons top dress with your recharge dry and mix that together in a cup , sprinkle on top and ph water it in and seaweed feed from the drain pan , keep it moist and learn your ppm chart for each stage of plant growth and you will be golden .

1 Like

been few days now . i have flushed on the 14th,- water only on the 16th.- and yesterday on the 19th gave all this stuff at 1/2-dose per gal.
Alaska morebloom 0-10-10 2tsp
A.N. big bud 0-1-3 // 1/2tsp
kelp-tivate 0-0-2 // 2Tbsp
cal-mag 2-0-0 // 1/2tsp
recharge // 2tsp
all this came out to;
2-11-15 in at ppm 768 and a pH of 6.2
hopefully this will boost the super soil so the girls can make it to the end . i am going to flip lights in room for the photo to 12/12 , on thursday, that means all the autos will be 12/12 now for there last 2-3 weeks .
todays pics.

GDP-gumberry

getting inpatient . :face_with_monocle: :axe:
:alien: happy growing

3 Likes

Those are some beauties right there

1 Like

so i have noticed that the girls have stop drinking - put 3/4 gallon in and 3rd day pot still heavy . is this normal in the last 2/3 weeks . i thought they should be bulking up and drink more not less . ??? @yoshi @Low @Buck29048 @OldGypsy @Nicky @SilvaBack203
any help or comments needed thanks .

If they are done , itā€™s very possible are you gave them more than they needed at this timing in your grow ?

1 Like

thanks ==yes in final 2 weeks ---- i am going 12/12 now tonight for the photo in same room . they the autoā€™s will be at 75 days from seed next week ā€¦in end of 6th week of flower now . and they have been on 18/6 light up to now.

4 Likes

If they are happy and itā€™s close to the end I wouldnā€™t worry too much about it. As long as everything else is the way it should be. I havenā€™t noticed a decrease in water towards the end. maybe someone else will chime in.

2 Likes

You know I stress @alienofasoul water management is highly important . I donā€™t think a 3 gallon pot plant requires a full gallon to grow from veg to flower in my personal opinion from what Iā€™ve experienced in water managing and I was overly shocked how much bigger the roots were with less watering than just using a full gallon per say , so I did a Lil Yoshi test :flushed: :sweat_smile: :smile: and I did not have to used a full gallon until week 7 in flower and it was due to me skipping a light watering and they used double the amount I was giving at the time.
Have you glass the buds yet ? If you have are you satisfied with the results as of now , determines on what you do next and what are the plants saying over all as to what stage they are in growth?
You are seeing and have more knowledge to what , and this is where over watering can be a mistake and cause unnecessary mold by over doing it .
Keep in mind the water that goes into the pot must get used somehow right , which the plant roots will used that water and it will also vaporized that water out through the stomata in flower which can cause high humidity late in bloom and if itā€™s not enough air moving are temp control , it can cause molding in the dense buds if itā€™s over watered , just a side note :grinning: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!
But in my opinion I would start to water starve them just a bit to get that last push of trichomes out as a last ditch to protect the buds and replace those that may have been damaged by over touching or excess trimming , if you bump the plants and it starts to stink good :+1:, thatā€™s the caps of ripe tricks exploding and sapping the buds with resin , can be good and bad if not cautious !

2 Likes

All good, it will drink when itā€™s ready.
Check your tricombs and see if sheā€™s ready

1 Like

yes thanks again @yoshi they are in 5 gal. fabric pots and water schedule was 1/2 gal. every other day . till week 3 of flower then went to 3/4 gal. every other day and that is with 4 fans on constantly , with rh at 45 . last watering had to wait 3 days and now after watered on sept. 19th it will be 4 days if i water tomorrow on the 23rd . -----will be at the 12/12 light now for this week and then in the dark for 48 hours till chop . i will try some tric pics and show like @Nicky said . thanks again to all the helpers .

@alienofasoul why you thinking anything is wrong ? If itā€™s just a plain watering , thatā€™s never bad this late as it can serve as a light flushing if itā€™s just plain ph water . Are you stuck on the watering schedule are you watering them when they need watering , try to keep a schedule on what the plant is doing , not just because itā€™s been 3 days sort speak , is Iā€™m making sense here ? I donā€™t necessarily follow a strick watering schedule due to growing multiple plants , one will always be odd or different than most , so I try to manage each plant off itā€™s characteristics from what Iā€™m seeing visibly and by touch. One can get more air than another die to plant placement, so strick watering schedules can be a bit much to soon if you have a fix gallon watering schedule . If you give a gallon each time and the one plant needs a gallon and half and one needs a 1/4 of a gallon , could become an issue in one plant verses the other, does that make sense , I hope so Iā€™m not being confusing!

3 Likes

i get it thanks , i do check weight of the pots and thats why i am waiting on watering . thanks for all your help.

3 Likes

I did not want to confuse you in what I was trying to explain . Itā€™s okay to break watering schedules if the plants needs more water are donā€™t need any at all .

1 Like

They say plants take on less water wen in flower so they spend kore time with buds but with some strains they do take pess water ā€¦but most jus water normallyā€¦ I check my my plants a few times a day so I always keep trying to keep them moist and I will stressed dry. Stress dry letting soil dry out almost fully when need toā€¦ It does help

2 Likes

All Iā€™m saying is I havenā€™t experienced it. :man_shrugging:

Edit
my 5 gallons in soil usually take 1.5 gallons every 2-3 days and my 7 gal pots in soil take 2.5 gallons peak flower every 2 days to get 20% run off.

My 5 gallon pots with coco take 1.25 gallons (roughly) every day to get the run off Iā€™m after. Might have to go twice per day.

Run off is important, you need run off to get rid of the salt build upā€¦ this is part of the reason so many people get lock outā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Could the fabric pots filter most salts if the plants are nutrient feed from the bottom of the drain pan :thinking: , I donā€™t know the answer but I think itā€™s a great question ? Iā€™ve been on this air injection type method that Iā€™m really liking the results from how healthy and strong my autos are growing in this grow .
I simple rigged a flat air stone to anchor under the soil with mess like material so the dirt wonā€™t clog the air stone and that allows oxygen to the roots and to help the soil dries more evenly from the top and the bottom sort of speak and I been only feeding nutrients from the drain pan and only pour in ph water with an average of 400 ppm from the top once a week , but mainly I pour in the drain pan and just let the air stone bubble it as the plants absorb it , I donā€™t really know if itā€™s something all that great but itā€™s been working pretty flawless and easy for me . I have not used more than a 2 liter bottle to water or feed with yet as of now and itā€™s been 60 days plus for the big auto which itā€™s design pot is a bit different than the two younger autos on how I done those two pots , but they both are working excellent for the watering thing as itā€™s been the most easiest Iā€™ve had to do yet this grow and much less water and they still growing like weeds lol !

1 Like

Here we are on beginning of week 7 of flower . 73 days from germination . started out at 20/04 light then went to 18/06 on Aug.-20th-21 now last night because of photo in same room went to 12/12 for all the girls . today is sept.-23rd-21 ā€¦ watered with ro water (1) gal. to a plant . had a little more than a cup of run-off .
On average ppm 18 to 27 in and pH of 5.77 to 5.92 in.
out numbers for all was .
cali kush#2ā€”ppm 829ā€”pH 6.16
N.L.----ppm 1071-----pH 6.10
cali kush#1-----ppm 983-----pH 6.53
GDP ----ppm 879 -----pH 6.25
B.B. -----ppm 919------pH 6.15
G.C. -----ppm 1124 ----pH 6.06
plan is to go another 10 /14 days but if i see any amber at all chop-chop .
GDP
cali kush

3 Likes

@SilvaBack203 @Low @OldGypsy @alexankh @yoshi @Buck29048 @Nicky @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Borderryan22
just a few updated bud pics .
GDP X Gumberry

cali kush #co2

cali kush #1

Have a budifull day all .

10 Likes

Yum! What are gumberryā€™s parents?

1 Like