Learn As We Grow

I think todays seeds from the breeders are very particular about the temperature needed for them to sprout…it seems in my seed purchase over the last 2 years that if I keep the temp at 75-78 degrees in the damp paper towel they sprout…if I am outside of this range I get mixed results…this is my experience today, I grew from clones for 5 years before going to seeds this last 2 years…and before that it was bag seeds that always sprouted no mater what the environmental conditions were…

2 Likes

I believe you are right. I just checked my seeds this morning. The GG looks like this.

Today is 6 days in wet paper towel. I am sure they are warm enough. Thank you for your reply. :blush::v:

3 Likes

mine would crack open but the root tip would not come out…this is what I see…

1 Like

Just for fun I put it in soil. I have dropped two more seeds in water w/peroxide. I did this at 5:30 last night. Should I transfer them to wet paper towels now or wait 24 hours or like ILGM says leave them in water for up to 3 days. I watched several videos last night and there are a dozen different ideas on this subject.

1 Like

nothing lost by putting in soil…you are correct sooooo many ways people sprout their seeds…I soak in distilled water at 75-78 deg for 8-10 hours then put in damp paper towel covered with dish at same temperature…within 24 hrs seeds crack open and within 48 hrs the root tail is about 3/8 inch long…sometimes it takes 72 hrs for the root tail but after that if I don’t have these conditions I throw the seed out because based on my experience no matter how much I want those seeds to sprout and produce they normally don’t so not going to waste my time on them…sounds like an old man attitude doesn’t it :rofl:.

2 Likes

Let’s not knock the old people we didn’t get here by being dumb :blush::v:

3 Likes

Happy Friday Everyone!! I am happy to let y’all know I dropped a GL and a GG bean in water with peroxide 38 hours ago and this morning I had tap roots on both. They must have really gotten busy last night. Anyway they are both in soil now and I am one happy camper. Now if they will just pop their little heads out we will be on our way. Thanks to everyone that helped with all my questions :blush::v:

@beachglass @Retiredoldguy @MeEasy @Mr_Wormwood @JaneQP @BudzMS @Deepsix

6 Likes

You are rockin and rollin now. Gotta love it when it all goes dandy. Here is a little ditty dancer just for you.
3oz8y07ua4tO49cr3G

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:. I will get pictures when they pop out to show their faces. :blush::v:

1 Like

nicely done lady…woohoo!

2 Likes

d6cf8363c463dd2e682d0f65927f3922

2 Likes

congrats, now the fun begins

1 Like

Congrats on the new little ones.

1 Like

What you guys think?

2 Likes

Nice training. Symmetry. When will ya flip to flower

Good question this is my first grow but im hoping to go flower in the next week or so.