Learn As We Grow

I have 2 vivosun 4" , 2 ac 4" , and 1 ac 6" I think the ac have a little more power… the vivosun have a bit of a wine when I turn them down like halfway… the ac set anything under like 7 I can barely hear them… I probably won’t buy any more 4" because in the 2x4 I have to run them full blast from the end of veg through to harvest if I had a 6" in there I could probably run them on 6 or 7 and they would be nearly silent… I also have a I-power 4" if you are not worried about noise and need air moved it’s way stronger than any of my other 4" but the speed control is almost nonexistent, because it is a different type motor they can’t be slowed down more than like 40% on low it moves around the same as the others

5 Likes

@MrPeat You keep open? Autos?

2 Likes

@beachglass Yup…tent door stays open 24/7. If you saw the light leaks you would choke as I have never had a Hermie and only 1 male that I wanted to pollinate. He crop dusted two of my Autos. Which is what I wanted in the first place. This is why I don’t necessary believe light leaks cause Hermies.

I have 2 Digital Timers literally in the tent and I did not put masking tape over the red lights. I’m not saying light leaks don’t cause problems but for me it never has.

5 Likes

Most of the noise from ac infinity fan is air turbulence. One of the big issues with traditional inline fan is just we you said, the speed control. Most use adjustable resistance device give very little control. Those thar offer a good amount of speed control drop voltage enough that fan doesn’t run properly and causes excess current draw and can lead to premature bearing failure which actually causes more noise. The ac infinity fan uses more complicated electronics to change fan speed more appropriately which will hive you much more control over the fan speed.

Moving to a mixed flow fan like ac infinity should be cheaper to run, improve control, and more quiet. The one downfall is that they usually don’t do as well with static load, so you may need a little more cfm than with traditional fan.

8 Likes

My AC are about the same as a normal fan noise wise. Quieter when turned under 5. The biggest advantage I think is they last a lot longer than the traditional fans. I would be lucky to get a year and a half before the bearings were growling. If you want quiet. I think the best way is to go up a fan size so you don’t have to run it as hard. My vivosuns pull more air for the 6" and it really shows if you put a few bends in the ducting. I have 3 infinity’s. A 8" and two 6". I would recommend them over a traditional fan now. If you need more then a bend or 2 in the ducting. I would definitely think about going up a size. :+1:
So I do agree with both @MeEasy and @dbrn32 :grin:

5 Likes

All out of :heart::heart::blush::v:Thank You

2 Likes

I’m out of likes :heart:
Thank You for the information.

1 Like

Thank You for the information
I’m out of :heart::blush::v:

1 Like

Good information thank You
I’m out of likes :heart:

2 Likes

@MrPeat I would like to keep tent open in 1 tent, closed in other and drying closet to be in the middle. lol. it has been getting to over 80 in my 6week flower. ac on high. I think I will leave it open a bit tonight. Thanks for the tip.
OpcQXTkF73Amz1TT8u

3 Likes

@beachglass Be careful tho. I am an anomaly when it comes to growing. Glad I can help out anyway I can.

2 Likes

i dont really hear my t6 unless its at 5 or 6, which i rarely go above 3. Even at 3, it sucks in the walls of my ac infinity 2x4. The controller with temp and rh is nice, but i have yet to use the auto settings for fan speed. 3 speed manual 24/7 mine is. I also use the black, 4 layer terra bloom and or ac infinity duct. I think that makes any fan quieter. Just from my limited experience. T6 is a beast, cant imagine an 8 or 10.

1 Like

still holding the tangies! almost forgot. treat as reg correct ?

My lights just came on at 7pm so I had to check them out. They are filling up my tent. I can’t help but take their pictures :blush::v::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

GL

GG

7 Likes

HEDGEHOGS :partying_face::hedgehog::partying_face: looking good :+1:

2 Likes

looking awesome, theyre so huge

1 Like

@MrPeat Back to your open door, how open is open? I keep mine open half while lights on.
W2tUAJawF26ZdHJfi4

2 Likes

@beachglass Tent door wide open. The door to the room I will do 1/4 to 1/2 open. I changed from wide open due to cooling the room so it stays below 75 degrees. I have the tent right at the door.

2 Likes

Okie dokie @MrPeat . I can’t keep door open cuz of kitties, but gonna try with tent open. Thanks for the info. I know where i live, on the rez. there are outdoor lights and cameras.
l0HlRq4BSHzZEpAJO

1 Like

@beachglass

And you are welcome. I can because no kids and I live with my sister. We don’t fight, argue nor have disagreements. I get to travel and my stuff is safe and taken care of and I pay the house mortgage, insurance and house taxes.
So we both benefit.

I have her trained in how to take care of my plants while away at the firework stand.

2 Likes