Learn As We Grow

I have always heard keep your canopy level. I think :thinking: I will hold off on bending. Thank You :blush::v:

1 Like

Iā€™m probably the worst at breaking branches when youā€™re looking around my pictures youā€™ll see black tape everywhere :laughing: I would say 90 maybe 95% end up okayā€¦ i keep some wooden skewers around they make good splints when the break is real bad

2 Likes

Very good to know. I will invest in a few wooden skewers. Thank You for your reply :blush::v:

2 Likes

I believe my ol lady gets them at the dollar store in a pac of like 25 theyā€™re the thinner ones I use them for shrimp on the grill to

1 Like

Ehhh, it makes for pretty pictures and makes others envious and I am sure itā€™s easier in some ways. But my plants have been all different heights even within the same plants. Still grew a bunch of weed. So donā€™t sweat the small stuff.

1 Like

If you look around youā€™ll see all sorts of untrue things posted about plants. My personal favorites, ā€œall living things need sleepā€ and ā€œlarger roots for larger fruitsā€.

Having even canopy is just a way ensure light intensity levels stay a little more balanced in your grow and plants are easier to maintain. You can run a perfectly successful grow with plants at varying levels.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s been one Iā€™ve wondered about for a while. Seems to me, if you have a 10 gallon pot, itā€™s going to take a ton of roots to fill it. That may be fine if you can devote many months to growing a plant, but I always think youā€™re putting all your eggs in one basket that way.

I grew similarly sized plants in 5 gal and 3 gal - and Iā€™ve seen some eye popping grows in solo cups for the challenge.

2 Likes

I have decided to let the GL do its thing. Thank You for your support. :blush::v:

2 Likes

I have been looking into getting an AC Infinity 6ā€ inline fan. I have the 6ā€ Vivosun. The speed control really doesnā€™t work very well. The specs on it is 390 cfm and 34 db

The ac infinity (6ā€) says it is 402 cfm and 32db. Is the 2 db make that much difference in the noise?

@Pet_de_Chien @MrPeat @beachglass @merlin44 @Covertgrower @MeEasy @JaneQP @pr @dbrn32

4 Likes

30db is a hush soundā€¦its no big deal. I have a AC 8 and I can barely hear the mechanical noise of itā€¦ the airrush at the exit is louder, as its open w/ no diffuser.

2 Likes

Sorry I can not help as I leave my tent door wide open so itā€™s easier to control the room temps. Our power costs $0.20 per kilowatt. So pretty expensive so I have to grow my way that works.

3 Likes

Sideline comment: Now that I see your Nick I recall. I finally scored a pack of G13 Peach Puree you talked about, Iā€™m gonna try to get one in a tent with a Peach Crescendo, but Iā€™m considering doing it as a clone/reverse/ partial S1 run for eachā€¦so I need the veg time.

1 Like

Peach Puree CBD is a great strain. Of course their is better but I can recommend as I have personally grown it PP CBD. It helped two cancer patients with the pain. And it helps me with all the damage to my body.

A 2nd tent is betting added so I can dedicate one for Autos and CBD and the other for mainly Sativa
Grows.

2 Likes

The ear wouldnā€™t be able to discern the difference. Itā€™s very small. Maybe 10db you might be able to hear the difference. Pun intended. Lol

3 Likes

I wish I could have my tent in my house so I could leave it open. Unfortunately I have it in a utility room off my garage. I finally talked the other half into letting me saw a 6ā€ hole in the celling to run my exhaust out into the attic. That has helped some of my temps but it is still pretty warm. I have 4 fans going in my tent and one big isolating fan in the room. I am running my light at night so it a little better than having the light on during the day. Itā€™s kinda boring not being able to check on them during the day.
I look forward to the day itā€™s legal.

1 Like

I have an infinity small model maybe the s4? Sheā€™s quiet. I probably should have bought something bigger but didnā€™t know if I would make it past the first closet grow.

3 Likes

I have to use a Window AC to cool the room. My tent is open as I do not have to worry about smell. Plus my Sativas would bust the seams of the tent as they will fill 16 sq feet with just 1 plant. Usually they hang 2ā€™ plus out the tent.

Its always about cooling the room temperature and this will bring the tent temps down.

2 Likes

same here. my tent open until night.

2 Likes

I leave mine open 24/7. :+1:

2 Likes

My room has no windows. :thinking::weary::weary: