Learn As We Grow

I was just thinking about checking ppm in runoff. Have you ever gotten enough run of in the Earth dust grow to check ppm?
I haven’t had but a tiny bit from one plant but I try not to have any. I was just curious what it would be.
@MeEasy @JaneQP

2 Likes

Looking beautiful

2 Likes

I do get enough by accident sometimes but I have never checked the ph or ppm dust is well tested and designed to feed for a certain amount of time (16-20 weeks) so unless you are watering to much and washing the nutrients out of the pot (which is why I put any runoff back into the pot) there’s no reason to check it. You can always make a tea or even do an additional small top dressing of base for veg boost in flower if you think they’re hungry. If you are just curious and want to know it’s not going to hurt anything

This is from TGSC on dust @JaneQP had asked them about longer veg times for outside grows in places with long grow seasons
:point_down: this is a copy paste from an email from TGSC :point_down:
Base is geared to sustain the plants for 16-20 weeks with a 8-10 week veg period. If you are going to take them longer than that, you may want to scratch in a quarter to half application of Base around week seven of veg.

NOT PART OF EMAIL
Dust is not like salt based nutrients that it’s good to know the EC in the soil so not to get buildup, the tds you will be testing is dissolved poop n rock dust

2 Likes

Thank You for the information. I was just curious. I definitely don’t want to wash away any dust. I am being very vigilant on my watering. I water slow so everything gets moistened. Have a Great Day :blush::v:

3 Likes

Good Morning and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the momma growers out there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@MeEasy has you covered. I did have a problem with the soil becoming hydrophobic and/or channeling. Company said it was okay to flush. They recommend yucca as an additive to combat the hydrophobic condition.

I did that in a tub and let her sit to soak up more, drained, and top dressed with more base.

2 Likes

I used some ff sledgehammer this grow one tent I did it on the same day I top dressed one I did 3 days after top dressing the other a week after. After you asked them about it and they said it was safe I jumped on it the plants were always a pita to water after top dressing them I always thought it was the molasses in the boost but I don’t know 4sure.

I just mixed up the sledgehammer and watered them to where they were dripping from the bottom no real runoff then went back to regular watering and the difference is amazing I will definitely be using yucca stuff from now on

3 Likes

I am not familiar with the term hydrophobic. What exactly is it and how do you know it has happened? :thinking:

3 Likes

You use boost in your earth dust?

It’s when the soil is repelling the water like when you first make the soil and the water just wants to run out the sides. I always just watered really slow and it eventually soaked in. With dust after I would top dress the pots would get a crust on it that when i watered it would sit on top for 5 or 10 minutes before it soaked in then I could continue watering but now using sledgehammer I haven’t had that happen the soil is looser almost fluffy

3 Likes

The second bag is called Earth Dust boost

2 Likes

Oh yes it’s Sunday I’m a lit slow this morning :rofl::rofl:
When I was getting my soil ready I put it in a tote and mixed and sprayed the soil until I had it all moistened real well then I mixed the earth dust for veg in. I know the soil takes a bit to absorb the moisture. I am going to enjoy not having to mix nutrients. It gives me more time to just look at the ladies. Lol :blush::v:

3 Likes

I use the yucca too. I started growing in happy feog and ran fox farm nutes. When i went to living soil, i still used the rest of my sledgehammer and my microbe brew. No sense in wasting it.

4 Likes

I am so happy to say I now have my inline fan exhausting out the attic. I really hope it helps my temps. I will get a picture update tomorrow. The ladies are changing everyday. I have topped one GG and the Gold Leaf. I will be tying them down soon. :blush::v:This was yesterday.

2 Likes

d6cf8363c463dd2e682d0f65927f3922

1 Like

Good Friday the 13th evening. It has been a fantastic year for me getting to converse with like minded people. And the kindest people ever. :heart::heart::heart:

I am going to be starting my LST soon. The ladies are doing really good. I haven’t been able to get any pictures but I should get a couple tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a super weekend Happy Grow :blush::v:

1 Like

Good Saturday Morning All

It’s been busy in my little world. But this morning I was able to spend a little time with my girls. The GL is so different from the GG.
Gorilla glue:

Gold Leaf

This Gorilla Glue is very squatty the node spacing is super close. I have lowered it in hopes it will stretch a bit.

They are 18 days from sprout.

@merlin44 @dbrn32 @MrPeat @kellydans @JaneQP @PurpNGold74 @SilvaBack203 @MeEasy @Mr_Wormwood

10 Likes

Looking good…:+1:

6 Likes

Thank You :blush:
I got a little water on the leaves of the last GG. But other than that I think they are doing really well. :blush::v:

5 Likes

Everything looks great :+1:

6 Likes