Learn As We Grow

Happy Thanksgiving, just started curing my grand daddy purple tops. Wife and I tried some, and it’s a super potent and long lasting narcotic high. Letting bottom half larf grow bigger. Just harvested Maui wowie tops yesterday. Will let her bottom finish now. Then have 2 Maui clones and 1 Grand Daddy purple clone that I took ready to go to flower tent.

Green weednesday indeed.

4 Likes

Good evening to y’all grow family peeps. I flushed my girls today. Took a couple + hours. The first plant was at over 1300 ppm. I ran 15 + gallons through her. Got her down to just over 700 ppm and 6.1 ph. The second one was at 1100 ppm and I got it down to under 700 ppm and also at 6.1 ph. I gave them 1/2 teaspoon on tiger bloom and 1 teaspoon on Big bloom. I am very hopeful that this is going to help my nutrient situation. Honestly I think they were smiling at me when it was done.
@kellydans @oldmarine @Pet_de_Chien @PurpNGold74 @MeEasy @SilvaBack203 @oldmarine I know that’s not all of you who have helped me but know I appreciate everyone!!

10 Likes

Thanks for the tag good to hear from you. post a picture in a couple days.

2 Likes

I will do it. They are looking sad to me right now. I have waited until they needed watered. One was very ready the other on the edge of watering. I feel better so I hope they will too.
I hope you had a Super Thanksgiving! :blush::blush:

5 Likes

I had to take a few pictures this morning. I am hoping they recover from my lack of knowledge. But I have learned a very important lesson and I am sure I have many more things to learn from now until I am no longer around :blush::v::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @MeEasy @Caligurl @SilvaBack203 @kellydans @oldmarine @PurpNGold74 @Mr_Wormwood

Uploading: 44EA8EE0-ED93-466E-BB76-BF56F3F1DD13.jpeg…

8 Likes

Those levels are huge. She will bounce back n finish up 4 u nicely

2 Likes

Thought I would share a flushing picture!

9 Likes

Doing good andi use same setup in tent to flush
.wire shelf then wetvac out the water and I dont kill me back

2 Likes

I need to get a wet vac. When you are on a budget you get things as you can. :blush::v:

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people using these to transfer water

https://www.amazon.com/Hhobake-Transfer-Battery-Operated-Small-Water-Pump-Multi-Use-Batteries/dp/B087JNJ8G8/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?gclid=Cj0KCQiAy4eNBhCaARIsAFDVtI0S_naAyrkDZ81qmMC7gwjOFA7AJ45pZCCkgY2WjX6nZdNx1mYHi2oaAog7EALw_wcB&hvadid=241925297169&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9030610&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14804275174304759393&hvtargid=kwd-2679525861&hydadcr=24664_10400964&keywords=bucket+pump&qid=1638036896&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTDRaUERSVVo0VDZRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTk1Nzk4MzVZWUxQNlFRUjFJSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjAxMzM3OUU2TDNZUk1XR1FIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

4 Likes

Oh yea that’s what I need. :blush:

1 Like

She’s really beautiful and big. Bet she’s was heavy after the flush

1 Like

She was definitely a couple hands full. :rofl::blush::v:

1 Like

This I know well When I put up the tent I looked around the basement and YES Men those years of collecting stuff pays off. I had a 2 gallon Wet vac from when I rehabb’ed homes and rentals, I had big Tupperware trays /lids which the Fabric 5 gallon bags go in two to a tray, A tower fan and a small clip-on fan I had when I used for my back surgery airflow done. Extra grow lights we had from before and they add more to the grow, Wire Shelves for garage. which I use when I flush bags. Many items I can and have used in this tent grow. I made my wife laugh how I have adapted items to help our grow. Plus we are on a very tight budget wife has been off work since April when she broke her thumb in 9 places had to leave. Living on my SSD

4 Likes

Ouch broken in one place is bad enough but 9!!

Doctor said it was strange to happen that way. but her thumb works OK now.

1 Like

@Flitme Just so you know you aren’t the only one with this issue, I have three auto’s that are giving me PH issues now. FFOF, and this is the third run the PH wants to keep dipping below six. Generally my issues are grower induced but I am tempted to dump the FFOF though it has served me well in the past just to see if that is the issue. Since these are auto’s I opted to add a little lime which is referenced above in one of the comments also. Feedback here is a) not too much since you don’t want cement, and b) if I had to do it again I would look for more finely ground lime. Mine works but takes a while and if I add too much I can end up with the opposite issue. PH higher than I really wanted when it finally kicks in. Take all of my advice with a grain of salt by the way. I’m still in the newbie category even if a few years in and double check with experienced growers on here in case I have mistranslated their advice. From what I can see your grow looks great, and I am guessing you will be very happy.

1 Like

@Plutarch Thank you for your input and taking the time to give me your opinion. I truly appreciate it. I made the big mistake of planting in MG the first beans I planted. My plant had more problems than a little bit. This time I used half and half FFOF on the bottom half and FFHF on the top. I have watched a few YouTube videos on FFOF and a few opinions were the formula had changed and it was hotter than before. IDK :woman_shrugging: but I am going to try a different medium next time I do believe. I can’t say that this PH issue is not a big part my fault because I was not flushing on the schedule and I didn’t pay enough attention to the ph in the run off. I knew it was below 6 but I didn’t have the knowledge to know that was BAD! :weary::weary: Once again thank You for your input!!
I forgot to mention I have top dressed with dolmite lime one water before the flush.
Happy Growing my friend! :v::blush:

1 Like

@Flitme Way ahead of me I see and feel free to return the favor on the input front. Need all the help I can get.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag ! They will bounce back , Have you been watering to run off through Flowering stage ? I don’t see no salt deposits on outside of the fabric pots.

1 Like