Learn As We Grow

Well they are bag seeds and it’s just my luck. I’m hoping it not! :blush:

1 Like

Out of 3 seeds last grow 1 was male.

1 Like

I’m outta likes :person_shrugging: but your plants look great. 1 male out of 3 is not bad at all when it’s bag seed.

1 Like

Thank You :blush:

1 Like

My babies are 4 weeks today, should I start on a small bit of FF nutes next week. They are in FFOF in the bottom FFHF on top half and half in 5 gallon fabric pot.

1 Like

I have earned a Crazy in Love badge!! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s Sunday evening and I hope everyone had a great weekend. I thought I would end the day with a picture of my babies. (upload://plPgtzdemEI8y8vkBM65IIV8loF.jpeg)

6 Likes

Very happy and healthy :blush: we can’t ask for more, or shouldn’t anyways :wink:

2 Likes

Oh and what we were talking about on lighting if you have questions about it I’ll give it the ol college try (more like grade school :laughing:) to answer em :+1:

2 Likes

I have the app on my phone for measuring the DLI. I’m working on learning how to use it. I have made the paper to defuse the light. I am just confused a little about the read and the stages of the plant. My plant (3) of them are working on 5 weeks from sprout. I am sure they are in veg. The little one is a week and a half behind. Any advice on using the app with be appreciated. :blush::blush:

3 Likes

I know that the app on an Apple phone needs the paper but an android doesn’t if I remember correctly @MO_Grow417 has a meter and checked it on android and I can’t remember who did it for the apple either way neither one was right on just close
I consider a plant with three nodes to be in veg because that seems to be where they are okay with more light and take off growing. I add some light probably 300-400 and keep it there until I’m done with training… then increase it as much as they’ll take 700-900 until 12/12 that’s where it goes as high as I can get away with 1000-1500… until like we were talking before 6-8 weeks I start dropping it off

I like to run my lights with a little more watts but up high so the intensity (ppfd or dli) is about the same as if you turn the watts down with the light closer. My thinking is that the plants get use to the brightness of the light so when you start lowering the light it’s not more light just more intensity, I stopped using the dimmer on my sf2000 I just adjust the height… if that makes sense I’ve been doing this and I haven’t been having plants that are sensitive to the light, I can start really increasing the light without the plant crying about it.
I have this copy paste in my notes it gives you like an idea of where to start, it shows the minimum and maximum so I really try staying somewhere in the middle of that…

Bottom threshold for optimal growth and photosynthesis is a DLI of 22:
24/0 schedule: 254.6 micromoles/m2/s-1
18/6 schedule: 339.5 micromoles/m2/s-1
12/12 schedule: 509.25 micromoles/m2/s-1

The Top threshold for optimal growth and photosynthesis is a DLI of 65 moles per day.
***Extremely important notice, only go up to these amounts if you are using supplemental CO2, do not go this high if you are not using supplemental CO2 as you will actually slow down photosynthesis and waste energy.
24/0 schedule: 752.31 micromoles/m2/s-1
18/6 schedule: 1003.08 micromoles/m2/s-1
12/12 schedule: 1504.6 micromoles/m2/s-1

The generally accepted guidelines for artificial light PPFD in flowering during 12/12:
PPFD of at least 510 micromoles/m2/s-1 for the low end of optimal intensity
PPFD of at least 800-1100 micromoles/m2/s-1 for optimal lighting WITHOUT additional CO2.
PPFD of at least 800-1500 micromoles/m2/s-1 for optimal lighting WITH additional CO2

4 Likes

I hope that all made sense :laughing: like I said I’m not good with words

2 Likes

You got it @MeEasy nice explanation. Yes, I tested both the iPad and android. The android app let me select full spectrum led as my light temperature, Apple IOS would not let me choose light temperature unless I paid $$. On android I did not need a paper diffuser but on the iPad I did. You will know pretty quickly if you need it or not because your readings will be in the 50s or 60s ppfd. All of it was compared to a quantum par meter and readings should have been upper 300’s. The iPad with paper diffuser was the closet to actual par meter readings. Hope that helps :call_me_hand:

Btw, I used to be a barrel racer when I was younger…….much younger. I rode in the pony poles and pony barrels. I rode from 3 yrs old until 6 yrs old and we sold the horses and moved to STL. Doesn’t really count. Sounds like you are the real deal. Pretty cool. I have always loved and respected horses and riders. All my family is still back home where riding is still very much a part of life! :v:

2 Likes

Thank You @MeEasy and @MO_Grow417 !
I will play with this app and go off what y’all have told me. MeEasy I think you did a great job of explaining it to me.
Mo_Grow417 I started riding at 3. I ran barrels and poles in all through my school years and went professional in my early 20’s. Love my ponies!!

3 Likes

I had an email that there is an end of the season sale on seeds. I checked out some of them but I don’t see any difference in the prices! Am I missing something? :thinking:

2 Likes

I think it’s buy 10 get 10 free on certain strains. They usually run some buy 10 get 10 but not on the ones available now for that offer.

1 Like

I am seeing spots. I have some spots on a couple leafs and they concern me. Can you tell me what what you think @MeEasy @Covertgrower @kellydans @Pet_de_Chien @MO_Grow417

6 Likes

My first thought is stinking bugs……I’m battling them right now. The tricky part is finding and identifying them. What does the underside of the leaf look like?

4 Likes

I have look everywhere and can’t find any bugs. I am thinking about cutting the large fan leaf and putting it under my microscope.

2 Likes

Looks like bug bites to me too!
Keep a close watch, looks like a pretty good sized pest, not like the Borg.

3 Likes