Learn As We Grow

That is what I have been doing and my outside flower plants are looking so much better :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

My most convenient place is down the laundry sink in the basement.

1 Like

I have been reading about sledgehammer flushing. What exactly is that?

3 Likes

Mix up about twice the amount of the size of your pot that should knock your PPM down to about 200 PPM and stop.

1 Like

I used the fox farm trio for a couple years and never used the sledgehammer I would just make sure that I got good runoff every time. The purpose of so much runoff is to wash away all the old unused nutes from your last watering that the plant didnt eat so that it doesnt buildup in your soil and cause problems with the ph. Sledgehammer has something in it that helps clean out the soil, I read it a long time ago and I cant remember how it helps

1 Like

My first dumb move was planting in MG. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Should I flush my plant?

1 Like

Personally I dont think your plant needs flushed in the picture it look to need a little NPK boost. Next Grow you can go with a cannabis-friendly soil. :+1::v:

1 Like

I wasnt saying to flush, I was just answering answering your question about sledgehammer

2 Likes

@kellydans @PurpNGold74
I didnt really didnt want to flush. I was just curious as to what that was. I just watered my big plant (haha) and my numbers are:
Ph after nuts added 5.0 ppm 958 CM 2055
RO: ph 6.1 ppm 1911 CM 3976

So what do yall think?

1 Like

Feeding about a thousand flower stage is good. Im one of those guys that dont like over feed. You mention 5 PH after adding nutes. Adding nutes will drive PH down. I always like to use my pH up to get back to the Sweet Spot of 6.5 before feeding. I would go with pH water in about 3 days check run off again. Thats just me everybody has their own little way of doing things.:v:

1 Like

Thank You for the advice! I am happy to get suggestions and one day I will develop my way that will be a combination of all the help I have been given. :blush::blush:

1 Like

Im normally around 1200-1500 ppms at this stage. I wouldnt increase the amounts as much as id be working to bring that pH up a tad. Also what exactly are u feeding? Shes slightly yellow like N deficiency but the baby claw says she has it available.

Runoff catches the front lawn. The grass LOVES IT

And @kellydans was saying exactly that. Well done my friend

3 Likes

I have three of these. Which one should I believe?

1 Like

I dont know about the Vivosun, but the HTC-1 I had was junk. It gave crazy readings and completely crapped out after a week.

1 Like

I calibrate my hygrometers that I can and then put all my hygrometers in a humidor (Tupperware works too). Ill use the hygrometers that are close to the ones that Ive calibrated.

Heres how I get a constant RH for calibration.

https://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/how-do-you-calibrate-a-hygrometer

3 Likes

@Ontrack @OlyBoy98503 Thank you for your input. I am doing the salt calibration now. There are no set screws on any on my hydro meters but I will at least know how far off they are. :blush::blush:

3 Likes

This heat and humidity is killing me and my girls. I have a question about sugar leafs. Is this a sugar leaf?

4 Likes

Yep! Starting to look frosty!

1 Like

Thank You for your reply. I am really worried about the heat. And the humidity. 100簞 air temp and 60 to 80% humidity. I have lots of air circulating.

2 Likes

I have been practicing using this jewelry loop. I have to say it is very difficult to hold it steady to get a good shot at the tichomes. I dont have a tripod to set up. Any suggestions will be appreciated

2 Likes