Learn As We Grow

Thank You your support has made a difference! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was given what I learned free so it’s only right to share it for the same price

4 Likes

You are so right these plants are so fascinating to grow. I am in awww everyday.

1 Like

I just have to share these pictures. They are growing like Weeds. (Pun intended). I do have a question. I have seen many times how to top and fem plants but I forget. Tell me what is the best way to do. I want to do some LST I have never done but I don’t think it’s Rocket Science haha.
@kellydans @Covertgrower @oldmarine @Pet_de_Chien @MrPeat @PurpNGold74

4 Likes

I rarely do a thing to my plants. Since I don’t have a plant that can be trained, I can’t show how its done. Sorry about that.

1 Like

At a minimum I’d FIM to split the main into 4 tops and LST to spread them out. Your gonna get a dozen different approaches, you should just decide on one and work on it for the learning experience. Personally I like a little more extreme control: here is a link to what I am currently working on Quad. I prob wont update that much more for a week while its stretches out for me. It is a “Dont Quad/Mainline/Manifold The Auto - Auto” its an experiment.

2 Likes

ILGM Fimming

2 Likes

Thanks, I shoulda dropped that in there. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

So y’all are pretty much saying femming is better than topping. I’m not worried about how tall it get per say my tent is 80” tall but I want more bud sites. @Pet_de_Chien @MrPeat

1 Like

Topping gets you 2 tops, Fimming gets you 4, and if you mess up the FIM you topped. SO you tell me.

And topping with major LST gets you to the link I posted essentially, but with autos the window is short so you are working on a very small plant and tying not to stress the heck out of it.

3 Likes

Hahaha that’s a no brainer. Thank You for the advice!! :blush:

1 Like

My tent is 4x4x80”. I did fimming on my Peach Puree CBD.

She had multiple Colas when it was all said and done. She has so much weight that she tore the Fim spots with ease. Thus I pulled her and I am still enjoying her.

Thus silica cannabis is friendly is recommended. Or make the inside of the tent full of PVC pipes and say paracord.

PS “Remember this is 6 weeks into flowering.”

4 Likes

Omg :scream: ok now I’m really confused :thinking: hahaha

1 Like

She had 8 or 10 colas from Fimming.

2 Likes

Glad you mentioned that…I used no Silica yet at 30 days. Its in on the next feeding week, to start stiffening her up for just what you described.

3 Likes

Hey man, you opened the can of worms. Seriously, digest it and pick something simple and learn from it and push it next time. That was my progression, baby steps.

3 Likes

HIGHLY recommended. Silica can save lives. Also remember to leave a bit of stem above ur ‘pinch’. That extra ‘limb’ can prevent splitting (somewhat, if u grow @MrPeat trees, u may as well ducttape below the fim to start HAHA).

But I prefer topping. My FIMS never split to even 2 splits. Let alone 3-4. It just doesnt fit me or my grow style.all I see is slowed growth and funny looking leaves lol. When Topping I can force the whole plant to do my bidding, or just make 2 apical (hormone fed, main) tops.

5 Likes

@PurpNGold74 That was pure gold. Love it.
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I can’t tell y’all how much I enjoy all the camaraderie between everyone on this forum. The diversity is awesome. I will pick and choose what I want to do from all the suggestions. The advice is golden and what I do with it is up to me!! Thank You All So Much! @PurpNGold74 @PurpNGold74 @oldmarine @MrPeat @Pet_de_Chien :blush::blush::blush: I hope I didn’t leave anyone out!

6 Likes

I had a little time in my hands so I decided to try my hand at a little LST. I tied my biggest plant down on the top and two little branches. I went back to check on it in a couple hours abt the top had already turned up to the light and so did the two small branches. So I did a little tie down to the next big one. The first picture is the biggest one before.

These pictures are both after. One is right after I tied it. I was so afraid I was hurting them.

3 Likes