Learn As We Grow

My plants emerged around the 10 of February. I still cannot see any evidence of their sex. It has been 14 weeks now. Help.

12 Likes

They will not begin to flower until you set the light hours to 12 on 12 off. I flip when they are around half the expect finishing height. U can expect them to double usually in size.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community !

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Are they photos or autos? If photos, you can flip them any time you want… it depends on your space anyhow big you can let them get. If autos, they will do whatever the heck they want to lol.

2 Likes

Thank you I’m so glad I found this site. A wealth of information and nice people!!

8 Likes

I am a first time grower and I don’t know which they are. I honestly didn’t think I would get them to this point. All I knew was I had a couple random seeds so I thought I would give them a try.

2 Likes

Like @PurpNGold74 said, try to flip them at about half the max height your tent can handle to the distance of the light!

4 Likes

I have a new light coming, it should be here Monday. When I get it I will start the 12/12.

2 Likes

I don’t have a tent yet. I am gathering up things as I can. I didn’t plan on being a full time grower but this first experience has pretty much got me hooked. Now I am just trying to learn all I can.

7 Likes

Yup flip to 12/12 like the others have said. I personally run 12/12 start to finish. I have been doing this since I started growing. I upgraded my lights to HLG and my plants love those lights.

4 Likes

I have seen posts that say if your plants turn out to be male to get rid of them. What is your take in that?

2 Likes

Are you making seeds? If not? Toss em. Pollen can only ruin the potency of your girls.

If you are, make sure he’s a good one with a few boxes to check. And let him do the shaking in the breeze style horizontal cha cha.

5 Likes

If you want a male to pollinate, then keep him. If you don’t remove him carefully because they will drop a ton of pollen every where in your grow space.

4 Likes

I get rid of them very carefully. Spritz down lightly with water, cover the pollen sacs then remove them, put the whole plant in garbage bag, tied very tightly and into the trash. I don’t want to pollinate my females

6 Likes

I received my new light and I have started the 12/12 today :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Here is a picture of my grow first day of 12/12. I still can’t tell their sex.

7 Likes

Ull know in 7-10 days

3 Likes

Yeah. I am anxious to know

1 Like

Well I received my new light and my timer decided to mess up. So maybe I will get it going on the 12/12 today. I have really high humidity right now at 87%. I am hoping this rain will end and the humidity will go down before I get very far into the flowering.

Hopefully! Probably a blessing the extra wait time. U dont want 80+% anytime in flower….

2 Likes