Leafy Wedding Cake

My first grow. In the pic I have a gelato and White Widow ready for harvest… Been flushing them. And a Banana Kush about ready to flush. Problem is the Wedding Cake. It is so thick with leaves. I’ve cut so many off trying to open it up for light… Doesn’t even look like I’ve cut any off. Buds are tiny. All 4 plants same routine with water/nutes. What’s up with that plant?

Thanks!

6 Likes

Some plants are different than others. Some have more leaves than others, and some grow taller than others.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! congratulations on your first grow. You should have a nice Harvest.

2 Likes

Welcome yeah those are nice for your first pull

4 Likes

I get that. But this one the buds are tiny… Other 3 they look good. And the leaves… No way to get light inside plant. But… Even the top of the WC is tiny… It gets good light. Maybe a weird seed or something? I’ve seen pics of WC and it didn’t look like mine

2 Likes

Beat answer I can give, is it’s combination of environment, and phenotype, or genetics, or any single factor.

5 Likes

Agree with advise above my blue dream take forever to bulk up compared to a gorilla glue , it just needs more time to fill up

3 Likes

Haha u remember this convo a few months ago J? That frigging Wedding Cake….

1 Like

I grew a WC as well. It was stretchy as all outdoors and tiny nuggs (compared to everything else in there MINIATURE)

But primo smoke. Loved the flavors n the buzz. Some strains just dont yield like ur White Widows.

Heck ur Gelato looks like a baseball bat. Great growing… just nexttime with WC, its probably better to defoil a tad heavier before flipping

2 Likes

Are you checking the trichomes to tell if they are ready. The WWA I grew were close to 100 days

1 Like

Yes. Check every day. Cloudy and around 20 ish% amber on WW and gelato those 2 are 10 weeks today. Been flushing for 10 days. Few leaves falling off. Going to harvest them Friday looking like.

1 Like

Just be sure you are seeing trichomes on the buds, not on the leaves, as the leaves trichomes age faster than the buds.

1 Like

I’ll definitely check that out… Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t see an issue… I mean sure, she’s leafy, but that can only be good. You are lucky they are all roughly the same height. Monitor the trichs, and pull when necessary. :ok_hand:t2::sunglasses: you got this. You can control a lot of things but not genetics.

1 Like