Leafs turning brown please help!

mwep

I am a total newbie but trying to learn. I planted a couple Blueberry seeds in my Areogarden a couple weeks ago. The seeds germinated in a few days and started out look good. But after a few days they started to get little yellow/brown spots which has seen taken over the first leaves.

7865cd7c7025152ab4b1500230e966f186f76aa2_1_375x500

e84902c42cca9c54d51c20f95b31b133cde98d38_1_375x500

Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na
Blueberry from Seed purchase Growers Choice

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?
Hydro

System Type?
Areogarden

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds
General Hydro 1.5ml 1 week
General Hydro 2.5ml 2 week

Indoor Or Outdoor
Indoor

Light System, Size?
45w LED

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
33%

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size
No

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

3 Likes

Honestly bro those are way to young for food yet. I’m not a hydro guy but there must b a feeding schedule for seedlings. They are to small for a regular feeding it’s probably nute burn try to flush and lower dose of food.

2 Likes

@timmyv324

I’m not a hydro guy either and while I was moving his thread I to was thinking the very same thing. Never feed seedling until they have 5 true sets of leaves.

Will

6 Likes

Yes indeed I think we went to simalar schools. Lol. From seed at least in soil I don’t feed for a good couple weeks after I transplant from solo cups that’s where I’m lost with the hydro cuz I don’t know if it would get any nutrients from the water as it would soil. Must be a seedling mix for hydro is what I’m guessing

Pretty sure I offered my opinion on those same 2 plants yesterday?

3 Likes

Sorry I didnt see the mods had moved my message…

I took @donaldj advice and reduced the nutrient level to 200 and my PH is at 6. I also added a clear cup to help raise the RH.

Do yall think I should stick with PPM 200 or should I go straight water without nutrient ?

I have also been using 2ml CalMag since Day 1 and 5ml Botanicare Hydroguard since Day 1 as well.

@M4ur unfortunately they are looking even worse today…

It was confused as to why @garrigan62 was asking,

Give her time… If you did everything people said you can’t do more so you need to be patient and wait for her :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yeah give it a bit more time. It may lose the bottom leaves as a matter of fact I myself would chop the bad leaves off so it’s not wasting energy trying to repair the bad leaves. The way It looks like some new growth is still going so if you trim the bottom leaves off it should keep going.

1 Like

Nutrient burn usually only shows part of it’s damage so as rule plants can look worse before they get better it is the new growth which matters. Damage rarely does full reversal but if new growth is light green we are getting back on track the new growth is looking healthy be patient.

4 Likes

@Donaldj I went through the support ticket again. What do you think about the 45w led light he is using. Probably enough for seedling but seems weak for light. Maybe!!??

2 Likes

I have only seen people use aerogardens to start plants not really finish them and yes bigger lights in the future but first lets get to the future :wink:

3 Likes

Are you checking the calibration on your ph meter? That’s another area of possible trouble.

Seedling os too young for nutrients. Never apply nutrients until plant has at least 4-5 alternating nodes. IN fact; You can generally go a bit longer. On these plants the roots are very small and fragile. Applying slats to them burns the tender little roots.

1 Like