Leafs curling is this caused from unbalanced ph or nitrogen deficincy?

Got the plant from a good buddy of mine had it about 8 days its showed excellent growth in them 8 days, but a few of the leafs are curling downward, just looking for some tips on how i can prevent this the rest of my veg and flower. And whats an ideal solution to not having Co2? Kind of on a budget have a fan installed in the grow closet but would a mini AC unit help out?

20180121_232949

1 Like

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you.

Lol man thats funny we are both posting the same pics of the same plant :joy::joy: she loves the new lights. Glad we are in this together bro!

how is this even the same plant. It changef this much in ONE DAY.

@Bman88900 yeah its crazy the pics is only about 11 hours apart, the leaf curling hasnt seemed to keep going its looking a lot better within 10 hours lol advice would be appreciated tho just in case we keep having this problem down the road

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:bagseed

Age from Sprout:61 days

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:5gal bucket happy frog soil

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Every 2 to 3 days

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: Just recently got my water tested and it tested in the 6’s but before that i was giving it sink water that tested kind of high.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Not sure but i give it bare minimum on what the nutirent box directions say.

Indoor or Outdoor:
Indoor
Light system, size and height from plants: Cfls/Leds, few inches from top of plant have a fluorescent for additional lighting plus an led strip.

Temps; Day, Night:Day high 70s
Humidity; Day, Night:Low 70s(need ac unit)
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:Fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:No
Co2; Yes, No: No
@Rugar89

I think this is your problem, ph is a lil off… once its a stable 6.3 - 6.5 she will take off

This may also be contributing to problem, what led and how many actual watts is it pulling, it might be too strong for the plant…

3 Likes

They look like they are really stretching, from not enough light. What is exactly is the lighting and how many watts? @dbrn32 can help you with that. How big is your grow area?

You need to get your PH and PPMs under control. You need to know what your levels are every watering and feeding. Your PH needs to be as close to 6.5 as you can get it with that soil. PH is one of the most important things you need to control.
You can get away with a cheap one like this, but they need to be calibrated often.

https://www.amazon.com/Briidea-Digital-Quality-Accuracy-Readout/dp/B074M8F9RG?tag=greenrel-20

This is way more accurate.
https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8?tag=greenrel-20

Do you have drainage holes in those buckets?

4 Likes

Im wondering if they were already stretched when he got them and now they are getting to much light?

2 Likes

There’s a small history behind this plant. She was definitely under lit for a while. Looking much better now though from that aspect.

@Fl.growr @Bman88900 I believe the others are onto something with the ph. The plant will only take up nutrients from the soil if the ph range is correct. Close is good, correct is much better. If you’re feeding it any, the nutrients will also change the ph. It’s best to get one of those digital meters and adjustment bottles.

3 Likes

since these pictures we have added 2 extra cfls but the big led bulbs are 13actual watts a piece ill have too add up all the watts from the cfls i have, there is a fluorescent mounted to the wall and a blue and red led light strip in the midst of it haha i believe it has enough light for another week with how fast its growing it seems good and strong for most part its starting to fill out we just need to get the ph under control im going to invest in the testers i need tomorrow and get everything ready for next feeding. Im also in the process of building a light so in a couple weeks at most itll be under something more reliable and efficient

Yes there is drain holes

2 Likes

Also if your watering with tap water, you need to let your water sit at least 24hours uncovered before watering to let the chlorine evaporate. Just noticed the 1 gallon water jug in the 3rd photo with the cap on it.

2 Likes

Okay i appreciate all the info guys thanks for the support! Im a first timer been wanting to do this forever and @Bman88900 donated me a plant to play with lol i did a little branch bending on it today and it loved that, ill post pics of it as it goes or if i have any issues ill post, thanks for the help!(:

3 Likes

Crazy how far everything came. I wish my other girl didnt die but at the same time now we can use all the equipment on one plant and she loves it.Dont understand why we cant hold onto a ph tester for our life lol but we got this man. Plenty of great people on here. If it wasnt for them this plant would be in the woods somewhere. They kept talking me out of it . i was so convince she was stunted .

1 Like