Leafs curling idk what from

So my girls are doing great besides the canoeing I have going on with 2 different plants 1 is a blackberry kush and the other is a strawberry cough going on 5th week of veg my rh is between 50-60% my heat has been sitting at about 80f in my tent im having troubles keeping stable temps idk if the canoeing is from heat stress or my lights being to intense which I don’t foresee being the reason of the leafs canoeing or is the rh in my tent to high thoughts and help would be appreciated greatly

Looks like heat stress. How about filling this out?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed ILGM strawberry cough and Blackberry Kush
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Soil 50/50 blend of FF HF and OF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths- 5gallon fabric pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff-in 5.8 to 6.8 out is around 6.2
  • PPM/TDS or EC- Not using nutes atm
  • Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor
  • Light system - 6 HLG 100V2 3K and 1 HLG 350r
  • Temps; Day, Night day 75 to 80f night no lower that 68f
  • Humidity; Day, Night day 60% night in the 40s range
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes AC Infinity 8in with filter and controler as well as a 4in inline fan to draw fresh air in
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, NO
  • Co2; Yes, No - NO CO2

Is the means by which you are checking temp at the canopy level? They do look a bit exhausted/hot and where do you have this warm air coming out of the tent going to?

1 Like

Yes I monitor canopy and root zone temps as far as my exhaust it leads out the top of my tent it goes into the room the tent is in unfortunately I don’t have a way to lead it outside how it should be done

1 Like

That’s ok man we all dont have the perfect environment esp if we low key. So we can assume the tents taking warm air back in which raises your temps to SOME degree. 1- can you access cool air through opening a window or anything like that…2- can you position any lights below your exhaust to immediately pull heat or 3- do I know what the temp differences are if u reduce a light down or remove one altogether?

I’m not an expert by far but I wanna be helpful if I can. I know off the head in my space 1 light gets me to 73 with mid 60s at night. ← this is all year long. Two lights put me at 78-81. Only thing that really changes is my rH which I account for. So I guess my premise is, if you know how your environment changes as you add lights etc maybe you can find your sweet spot since these seem to be temp sensitive? 410 will def have some solid ideas along with the vets in the group. I was just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Yeah all of my lights are currently already below my inline and as far as fresh cooler air i have 2 windows open fully that is literally beside my tent with a 4in inline fan feeding that cooler air in feom the windows unfortunately I believe the tent is to big for the room it in at the moment ill be down sizing drastically after this run in my 4x8 which is housing 10 plants currently

I had to go back and read your list. I was like 4" for a 4x8 lolol. This might come down to needing bigger lights opposed to many. I’m thinking like 6 lights or so all creating heat vs 2 bigger lights. Def check in on what 410 thinks. Maybe @merlin44 @dbrn32 or @Covertgrower may have some insight as well. At this point it’s a matter of how do we get u to the finish line. I’ll be following to see the feedback.

2 Likes

How big is your grow space, what light schedule and how many watts are you pulling from the wall? This looks like an awful lot of light and plants are taco’ing as a result. FYI you need about 50% of the light needed to flower while in veg.

5 Likes

I’m in veg and they are photos so 18/6 atm with all lights on i gues I was under the impression they all needed to be on through out the grow and over all a little over 900w from the wall and with that being said should I turn off some of the hlg 100 v2 3k and if so how many or should I turn off my HLG 350R

How large is the space? With gucci lights (which you have) in a 3 X 3 around 300 watts for flower and in a 4 X 4 600 watts or so. Not really an accurate metric but in this case I would suspect canopy temps are way high (very hard for you to measure) causing the light/heat stress response.

1 Like

What do you mean by Gucci lights lol? And I am in a 4x8 tent with 10 plants in total with a little over 900w from the wall in total power with all panels on i know my 350r is solid for a 4x3 area I believe in flower and each 100 v2 3k is good for a 2x2 space in flower I know I messed up by getting so many panels and not just getting 3 350r from the get go but I gotta work with what I have

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 I gues should I remove a couple of the 100v2 ?

1 Like

THAT’s what I mean haha! Top of the line: you did good. Right now though the plants are seeing too many photons.

But those should have a potentiometer on the driver you can adjust. Right now you can turn them down and shorten your day. Once plants hit their Daily Light Integral (DLI) they don’t use photons as well so they’re wasted. Lots of variables you can play with but if you can; dim your lights. If you can’t; raise them further away from canopy.

All kinda good problems IMO because your lights will be most efficient turned down a bit.

2 Likes

Ok lmao yeah all of the 100v2 are not dimmable the 350r is tho and I only have it at about 30 to 40 percent id say its hard to say when there isn’t a actuall gage on the dial lol I did also just raise them up today so hopefully that helps a bit I think I’m going to get another ac infinity 6in for my fresh air intake and see if that wont help also the tent is in a room where its literally wall to wall beside the front of the tent and only about a 3in gap ontop of the whole tent so its hard to circulate fresh cool air I feel because in the colder days I can crack the window and the tent stables at 72f to 75f but if the outside temp is over 40f the spikes in temp

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/BALDR-Electricity-Monitor-Consumption-Killawatt/dp/B07Y1SLZ8W/?tag=greenrel-20

Something like that is what you need. I have a Kill a Watt which is the same thing. But you can also raise the lights if you have room and make sure there’s plenty of air movement.

1 Like

Yeah I already raised the light as well as cut a couple of the 100V2 3K panels off I also ordered a 8in inline to accommodate my 8 inline exhaust cause I do have a bunch of negative pressure in my tent

You should start to see improvement then. Might be a good idea to get a decent handle on your actual light levels at some point, but you should be fine for flower.

1 Like