Leafs are not healthy

That’s probably the least expensive decent PH meter available. I’ve used two and upgraded a couple of years ago to a Bluelab. But that unit is over $200 now.

Here’s the Amazon link.

4 Likes

I have a Bluelab in addition to my Extech, both are excellent devices. Worth every penny in my opinion.

3 Likes

These good fellas have u covered. That Apera 20 is my goto as well. Ive had it going on 3-4 years now. About time to get another…

What BlueLab do you have @merlin44

2 Likes

I have their soil pH pen for getting a direct soil pH reading. It has a long glass probe that you insert into the soil after using the probe cap to create a hole to stick the probe into.
Amazon.com: Bluelab PENSOILPH Soil pH Pen, Digital Meter and Water Test Kit, Also Used for Coco and Rockwool with Easy Calibration for Hydroponic System and Indoor Plant Grow, Clear : Industrial & Scientific

1 Like

Oooo fancy :tipping_hand_man:t5:

3 Likes

Like wood working (and most other endeavors) proper quality tools and equipment make a huge difference.

1 Like

Thanks Merlin44, you are very helpful

1 Like

would the group recommend “blood meal” for a nitrogen supplement?

@mikea103 is them jiffy cups your plants are in and if so if you put seedling straight in fox farm soil its way to hot for seedlings

You can, but i believe the issue lies in the ph. Start by getting a good ph meter. With FF soil there should be enough to hold you over for a few weeks if ph is correct. By putting blood meal in, then fixing ph, you risk nitrogen tox. Look for a cannabis friendly nutrient line. Jacks 321, I just started using, it’s simple and works really well, but there are many to choose from.

1 Like

U need to invest in a pH meter and ppm meter from Amazon. Go for apera ph60 if u can it’ll do both pH and ppm for u if not get the apera ph20 for pH and vivosun blue ppm meter like 10 bucks or so for that one so 75 at most I’d say for the 2 meters but they will save the grow for sure.

2 Likes

I’m lucky on the pH meter. I have an Apera 20 that coat me about $45 but I can also check it against a $2000 unit at work.

Seriously? Obviously you don’t drink it. A municipal water system?

2 Likes

Not for a first timer. Blood meal is usually mixed in the soil well before using it. Also you need a balanced fertilizer that also contains micronutrients. A very common first grower nutrient line is Fox Farm Trio. There is a lot of info from lots of users. It usually needs to be supplemented with CaMag. Also, the plant typically needs to be flushed.
Another is Flora Trio from General Hydroponics.
Many around here use dry nutrients that are either dissolved in water or others that are spread dry on the soil’s surface. Depends what you are looking for.

2 Likes

At 2000 PPMs I wouldn’t even shower in it

1 Like

Well water, sitting on a salt mine, can’t find anything better. I run all drinking water through an ro system,
would like a whole house system, YIKES on the cost of that. @dirtydave as for showers it sucks but have no choice at this time.

2 Likes

Dr Earth is great fertilizer 4-4-4

So am I burning her?

Worried color may not be new growth cause An old leaf has brown on tip?

I was joking but seriously the WHO says anything over a thousand is unsafe for drinking you definitely need that RO filter

Ya, there is no way that I can drink my water. It’s hard on everything in my house, can’t even wash my car.:rage::skull_and_crossbones:.
I catch rain water all summer an store it in 300 gallon totes with bubblers and pumps to keep it moving, kind of a pain in the a$$ but got to do what I got to do.

2 Likes