Leafs are not healthy

Hi,

what is the cause of the leaf discoloration?

3 Likes

Without knowing your nutrient numbers and plant history… I would say hungry for nitrogen :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Definitely need more information.

2 Likes

thanks,

here’s where my inexperience shows.

I don’t know how to get nutrient numbers.
I’d appreciate, suggestions on that.

the plant is Master Kush, in foxfarm soil. I’ve used Cal-Mag once. other than that, just tap water.

where can I buy nitrogen?

peace,
Mike

2 Likes

I would go a step further and say that they are very hungry for everything (P-K-N).

I am surprised that they appear so hungry in Fox Farms soil. Perhaps your pH is out of range. Should be 6.3 - 6.8.

I agree with @Dforce, we need more information about your overall grow and the conditions.

3 Likes

Is the tap water chlorinated are you checking the PH of the water?

tap water is non chlorine, well water.

ill get a soil test kit

A digital pH probe would be a better choice.

4 Likes

My 1st thoughts are you using cannabis friendly soil, I see a lot of big wood chips.

1 Like

like this?

1 Like

No, those type are not accurate enough for we are doing. You need a digital pH pen such as an Apera 20 or something similar.

4 Likes

I would use distilled water until you get a ph meter as @merlin44 said a quality meter such as Apera 20 stay away from the Amazon yellow meters and the probe meters

6 Likes

my well water has a ppm of 130 but a ph of 8.4 a ph that high will affect nutrient uptake

3 Likes

My tap water is at about 330 ppm and a pH of 7.8. I add about 60 ml of pH DOWN to bring 10 gallons of water to a pH of 6.5. That value changes from day to day.

As @dirtydave said, pH that is out of range will definitely have a negative effect on nutrient availability and uptake.

2 Likes

My tap water burries my meter over 2000 ppms, salt, it kills everything i water. I have an RO, and also collect rain water which is usually 6.8 to 7. So a PH meter is very important.

2 Likes

whats a Apera 20 run money wise?
im looking online, there are so many variables

1 Like

Could probably use a transplant at this point too.
Looks like a peat pot which you need to remove as they don’t break down fast enough for cannabis.
That and fixing your pH of your water as mentioned by many should put you on track.

3 Likes

I am not certain but I think they are around $40 or $50. I use an Extech 500 which costs considerably more because it measures ppm, EC, salinity and pH. Many folks have excellent results with the Apera.
@Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74 may have more information for you.

1 Like

Amazon.

6 Likes

thanks my friend

peace