Leaf tips falling off

hi guys, im having trouble with the leaf tips falling off. almost like it happened overnight. using regular water ph 6.4-6.6. Light schedule is 18-6. I have no clue what is causing this, any help would be great.

Is there a critter of some sort munching on them? That is a new one for me.

1 Like

I have no clue, my next step is to use some neem oil when it goes to sleep tonight.

Let’s get a couple of folks in on this that know stuff…
@Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Holmes

1 Like

First impression is little critters. The fan blowing on the leaves and wearing them down is another possibility.

2 Likes

Is the tip that fell off there? If not definitely critters eating what you can’t find.

1 Like

lots of tips are falling off quick, leafs are not turning colors, just disappearing. Other than Neem oil, do you recommend anything else?

Sorry not great at bugs yet, haven’t had to deal with them (YET). Every one likes that neem oil except when flowering, they say it ruins the harvest. Capt Jacks dead bug is another favorite with most on this site

Do you have any cats or other animals? They like to nibble the tips.

2 Likes

I do have a cat that I’ve seen last year biting off the tips, that may be the cause.

That is where I was leaning.

1 Like

not sure how the cat is getting in the tent though

Man you got something eating away and neem may not work. If you haven’t seen them then they only come out at night, probably a grasshopper, cricket, or some beetle! You need to look over everything in there and every little nook and cranny!
edit…unless your cat is getting in there!

1 Like

They’re sneaky creatures. Any vents open on the tent?

2 Likes

I would say

"The very hungry caterpillar… According to this scientific book, in about a week or two you will have a beautiful butterfly…
:crazy_face:
Just kidding… But if the leaves aren’t on the floor definitely a bug. The amount of material that disappeared led me to the conclusion caterpillars. Although it could be something different.

Check the leaf that is most recently eaten and check underneath, the bug might still be around…

A grower on here @Not2SureYet here had a similar problem. Turned out it was a mouse.

Peppermint oil and captain Jack’s would be where I would start to fight them off I’ve also heard good things about masquito bits