Leaf spots turning translucent

If you suspect insects, Safer Caterpillar Killer:

https://www.amazon.com/Safer-Caterpillar-Killer-Multiple-Insects/dp/B00MAM4GKQ/

I use this alternating with the Safer:

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Jack-Deadbug16oz/dp/B072M1YM8M/

3 Likes

Iā€™ve used these when vegetable gardening, but I canā€™t find any bugs. I may end up spraying them down just to be safe. My others are a lot further along than this one and I donā€™t want to harm them right before harvest. Thank you for the suggestions.

1 Like

I know of another product depending on the issue thatā€™s only made from plant oils
They claim it can be sprayed on the buds the day of harvest ā€¦

1 Like

Your leaves look super clean to me as far as pests go ā€¦
Whatā€™s the big hole near the center vein from?

Lol my bad translucent leaves

1 Like

Never heard of this brand. Iā€™ll check them out. Thank you!

Yeah, this happened quick. I watered 2 days ago and trimmed all leafs that looked off so all this is recent. I havenā€™t top dressed them for weeks, thatā€™s why I donā€™t think it splattered that far up. Very odd. Maybe should just see what happens in the next few days.

1 Like

Yeah I am really new so my advice is worthless lol ā€¦I was reading so much about insects and I swear I read about one that just scrapes the leaf enough that it appears translucent ā€¦if I remember right itā€™s not considered a pest and itā€™s not some re occurring thing
For the life of me I canā€™t remember what it was called ā€¦

Not even saying thatā€™s your issue
Iā€™ve also read some plant viruses and diseases begin along the center vein
So Iā€™m gonna stick around if you donā€™t mind cause thereā€™s definitely something to learn here hahah

1 Like

For sure. This is my first grow. This afternoon I was researching before coming here and couldnā€™t find anything. There are so many pictures and articles on diseases and bugs but they never seem to fit the issues I have. I did see the Tobacco Mosaic Virus but that seems rare. Maybe just removing those leafs will do the trick. Iā€™ll keep you updated.

1 Like

Haha amd I remembered the name ā€¦but Iā€™d be surprised if this was your issue

And yes keep me updated

1 Like

i think ā€œleaf minersā€ are called that for the same reason. they ā€œscrapeā€ the chlorophyll off the leaves and leave those ā€œtracksā€ of thinner leaf material

2 Likes

For all my IPM, I use Dr.Zymes ā€¦. Checkā€™em out

2 Likes

Never heard of this type of pest. Interesting. Definitely donā€™t have any type of fly.

1 Like

Leaf miners usually leave white worm like lines through the leaf. I am highly doubtful of leaf miners. I wonder if itā€™s some time of fungus or bacteria. Since there are no pests visible and no deficiency the most likely culprit is biological, right?

3 Likes

Will do. Thanks!

He took the words outta my mouth.

Yup not miners. Those usually leave lines as mentioned. If its a pest, its biting chunks. Like a caterpillar by the last pic. @Myfriendis410 covered you with the Safer and Jacks. Im still not sold on spraying buds with anything. But Iā€™ll take his advice anyday

4 Likes

Iā€™m just saying to take a look at this ā€¦because there are many different species of what people call sawflies ā€¦and there are many different types of damage ā€¦not all look like little white mazes

http://www.ladybug.uconn.edu/FactSheets/sawflies.php

1 Like

Exactly. Sawflies start as pillars and bite chunks. Pretty easily spotted tho. Best times to check are just before lights on and after lights out. Dusk and dawn

3 Likes

Well, spent some time looking for pests today and didnā€™t find anything. The other plants look fine but there is some minor spotting happening on the suspect plant that wasnā€™t there yesterday. Iā€™m starting to think itā€™s a disease of some sort. If it it is, I hope itā€™s not contagious. @Lacewing @PurpNGold74 @Tylersays

2 Likes

Very possible but I hope not and also hope it canā€™t spread ā€¦itā€™s gotten worse?

I just DEFINITELY found bugs here - researching now!

1 Like