Leaf spots turning translucent

Hi guys/gals -

I found these spots on about 10 leafs today. They seem to be going translucent. The one big fan leaf has the most damage, almost like something (no insects found) is eating away at it. I have 2 other plants in the tent that do not show these spots. Any ideas?

• AK 47 Auto from WeedSeedExpress

• Growing in Coco w/Down to Earth Organic amendments and worm castings. DTE All purpose 4-4-4 and Bloom 4-8-2

Not sure on the brand of coco.

• 5 gallon fabric pots

• pH of water is 6.5

• I do not measure runoff.

• Indoor

• SF-2000

• Day temps- 75-80F Night Temps- 71-73F

• Day RH- 50% Night RH- 60% (These fluctuate depending on when the last watering was. Trying my best to keep it in check.)

• 4" exhaust

• Small De-humidifier

• No CO2 supplement

2 Likes

Also, forgot to mention. The leafs came from midway up the plant. I didn’t think it could be from splatter.

1 Like

Insects?

That’s my first guess. …. My only guess actually.

1 Like

I see no bugs in the tent or on the plants. We do get some millipedes in the basement this time of year but they don’t live long and I haven’t found any in the tent.

2 Likes

The way that the meatier part of the leaf has been grazed from the thinner translucent part indicates some sort of pest. Never hurts to hit them with some Jacks

2 Likes

If confident it’s not pests ??
Maybe something along these lines ??

https://www.google.com/search?q=trslucent+spots+on+leaves&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

1 Like

Have you taking a look at the bottom sides of those leafs by chance?

2 Likes

I guess. Just don’t want it to be something that will spread to the other plants (if it’s not a pest). I’ve heard to not hit the bud sites with Jacks as it will alter the taste. You experience that or can I just spray the whole plant?

2 Likes

Yes, no signs of pests.

2 Likes

Very true, super clean

1 Like

I guess it could be. I doubt damaged or compacted roots. It’s never been transplanted and in a 5 gallon. Poor drainage shouldn’t be the problem as I don’t water to runoff and am in coco w/perlite. Nutrient deficiency could be happening but I’ve been top dressing the plants exactly the same. Although the other two have some N burn while this one does not so I guess I can’t judge on that.

1 Like

@Tylersays You know anyone on here that is good with plant issues?

1 Like

I’ve read the same with neem oil as it is actually absorbed by the flower, but had heard Jack’s rinses away with a bud wash before drying.

3 Likes

Tons of people are.

Try @MattyBear @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 or the all mighty @Hellraiser

4 Likes

Ok. I’ve got some in the garage I may try if I can’t figure this out. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

@PurpNGold74

3 Likes

Leaf borer?
It does look like insect damage to me too - I’m NO expert! But it doesn’t resemble any nutrient over/under dose I’ve seen in my wanderings.
Have you checked the trouble-shooting Guides on the site?
There’s a wealth of information there. That’s kinda why I said leaf borer…
I just looked at leaf miner on there and it doesn’t look the same.

Maybe @Low or @PurpNGold74 have some ideas or a resource that could help.

It seems to have come on pretty quickly so whatever it is, it moves fast!

3 Likes

Thanks, man! Going to research those and check out the guides. Didn’t know about those.

You can literally grow weed JUST by reading those guides. :nerd_face:
But COMMUNITY helps us all!! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes