Leaf problems on plant

About a week ago my one month old bubble gum plants started developing brown spots. I moved the lights up to a distance of 2’ (from 1’) above the tallest plant thinking these might be burn marks. Does anyone know what this might actually be? There are 4 plants in a 2 x 4 x 6 grow tent with a 260 XL LED lighting system.

1 Like

She’s light in color and with the spots she’s probably hungry. Could have a pH lockout if youve been feeding. If you fill out a support ticket you will get better responses.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Looks to me like it was probably a light problem because your problem ii looks like is all at the top of the plant

1 Like

More than likely it’s a calcium issue, brighter lights and that close the consumption goes up. Support ticket will verify this, or give us proper information to figure it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, don’t know about support tickets, where would I find it to fill one out

I got you:

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hey all, I’m running a small auto grow in a 2x2x4 tent, I have an amnesia auto and a blue dream auto, the blue dream has given me very little issue, the amnesia however is showing these spots. I had this issue on my last run with photos and treated it as a calmag issue. However, this run I’m using calmag about once a week, 4ml to a gallon of water, is this still possibly calcium deficiency? Or could this be something else?

P.s it should be noted that I havnt seen any of these spots on the new growth since I last fed calmag. I’m mostly curious to know whether this is blatantly calcium issue, or if it could be from something else.

Thanks for the help, this is my first grow. I have 4 plants in a 2 x 4 x 6 grow tent. My problem is marks on leaves but was also wondering if this was too many plants as they are only a month old and already seem to have outgrown the tent

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Bubble Gum, seed bank (ILGM)
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: soil, Happy Frog organic soil from Fox Farm
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: 4 gal buckets
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): 6.5* PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: none, use rainwater at 6.5 PH
  • Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
  • Light system: HLG 260 watt XL V2 R-spec Quantum board
  • Temps; Day, Night, 75, day and night unless outside air is cool at night and I can shut down AC and bring in night air then 73 at night
  • Humidity; Day, Night: 47% day and night unless outside air is used then can get as high as 57%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Tent has one but I don’t use it. I leave door on grow tent open because when I closed it temp got too high, even with ventilation on.
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, AC
  • Co2; Yes, No: No

Natural lighting would really be helpful. @SoSick I know you’re feeding calcium, but have you checked PH going and out? Ph could be off and not allowing your plant to absorb proper nutrients in the correct range. If you could make a separate post it would be easier.

@mcmahon434

I see you have nice light, how turned up is that light? Having the light too bright will cause the plant to eat more. I’ve done this myself, and recommend to dim the fixture significantly. Veg you don’t need as much light as you do into flowering. It displays as a zinc/potassium issue, but if you turn down the light it should fix the issue. Don’t forget get to tag someone when responding. I try to be all over the forum, but a no tag response can be easily missed. Wouldn’t want your issue to go unassisted.

2 Likes

Looks like some pH issues.
Are you using drops to test pH?

Those girls are definitely crowded in there. You can see leaf distortion from when you close the tent flap. Bear in mind they will stretch upwards when you flip to flowering. You may run out of headspace if not flipped soon.

@Covertgrower I do use a ph meter to measure ph going in, I try to stay around 6.5 for my soil grow. Admittedly I rarely check runoff ph as I try not to water with runoff but I will for sure keep an eye on that because I also can’t think of anything but a calcium problem. Thank you a ton!

1 Like

thanks, I’ll dim lights, not sure how to check PH going out, or how to “tag” a response

1 Like

Like @mcmahon434