Leaf issues in flower organic grow

Seeing some leaf issues. Do I have a deficiency? It’s week 5 of flower . Some of the fan leaves have issues on the bottom but one kinda yellow at top too. Leaf curling on a few leaves n spotting too. 6 different plants in total, 3 per Earthbox . I don’t think I added too much dry amendments, so I’d guess it’s a deficiency but I’m not sure. First time doing all photos in earthboxes. Can’t take anything out but hopefully something I can add?
Temps 70-80 lights on
Humidity 60-70
Lower temps n humidity with lights off
Just water with some Silca added in reservoir when dry
4-4-4 in veg
2-10-10 in flower
200watt LED -spider farmer 2000
Pics

Pics of entire plants from top

Ty for help n advice!

5 Likes

Leaves that have turned brown on the end and the ones discolored around the edges look like there’s a potassium deficiency. The fact that your into flowering makes that more likely. I’d probably add a little PK booster into the reservoir. But dry amendments aren’t my thing so I’ll leave solutions to the pros.

6 Likes

Agree with @Outlaw on the potassium deficiency and looks like some magnesium deficiency. Epson salts is a great source for mag and sulfur. I would bump up the 2-10-10, did you top dress the flower nutes a few weeks prior to flowering? Organic dry amendments are going to take some time to see the results. 1/2 teaspoon of epson per gallon should help the mag and see those results within a couple of feedings :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

I think you’re over freaking out over nothing. The plants look healthy enough to get you to harvest. A few leaves here and there is normal at 5 weeks flowering especially older leaves at the bottom. I wouldn’t add a thing and just monitor the plant for now.

8 Likes

Agree. The plants are overall healthy. There’s no reason to worry about the lower leaves on a plant. It is normal for the lower leaves to develop issues, yellow, and eventually fall off as the plant ages.

9 Likes

I grow in an earthbox too. I use organic living soil. I always get a few leaves that look like that mid to late flower. I would get your humidity down a bit to below 60%

But this pic of yours here :point_down: shows a potassium deficiency

Whats your base ? Is this an organic grow? Are you topdressing with dry nutes, if so, what and how often? :v::green_heart:
Edit, nevermind the organic question, i see your title :woman_facepalming::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Gimme a break, its early in my part of the world and im stull working on the wake and bake :grin::dash:

6 Likes

I was waiting on you to chime in Grow Sis :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I pop in occasionally :smiley: thanks growbro :v::green_heart:

I should also add that potash ( potassium sulfate) is your fastest potassium source. Langbienite is my preference though because it has potassium, magnesium, and sulfur. If you fine grind the Langbienite and desolve it in luke warm water, it does eventually dissolve and can be topwatered in. In an earthbox, i only topwater after I let my reservoir go empty and then after the top water in of a small amount, I give it a day before refilling. I’ve never tried it in the reservoir, so i cant say how that would work but i think it would :thinking:

5 Likes

Thanks for the responses. I’ve top dressed like 3 times. Before planting, during veg, and before flower. Worm castings and dry amendments. Also used amici acids, kelp, and fulvic acid and a couple of sprouted seed teas. They were growing huge in veg n super healthy but in flower leaf issues all over. There are mostly near bottom n middle, but some yellowing at the top too so they poster saying not too worry or I’m freaking out is incorrect. Maybe they are just really hungry n burned through the minerals but there is definitely something wrong. Leaves at bottom nearing harvest not looking good I’ve never worried about. But it’s only starting week 6 so a while to go yet…

3 Likes

In the top pic you responded to, are you saying humidity above 60% in flower will cause a couple of leaves to look like that?

2 Likes

oh and I made a mistake, it wasn’t 2-10-10, it was 2-10-5 so could be not enough potassium

2 Likes

What strain is she?

I was just meaning I normally get a leaf or 2 like that mid to late flower.

That :point_up_2: can be caused by many things. If it doesnt progress any further, I wouldn’t worry.

My advice to keep the humidity below 60 is to prevent any problems with bud rot or other fungi, not really related to the leaf. Sorry for confusion.

The other leaves, with the yellowing edges show a potassium deficiency. The kelp has K but she’s needing more now, shes a hungry girl. This chart shows when her needs are highest, which is now.

6A4D47AC-63B2-4256-9ABC-6F9FA4B171ED

I topdress with langbienite 2 weeks prior to flip and 2 weeks after flip. I also use coconut water in my reservoir which is high in K
Tag me if i can be of any assistance :v::green_heart:

5 Likes

I appreciate your help.I thought it would just be top dress a few times and forget it. It does appear according to your chart I need more potassium n magnesium now which people here were advising. They may of just got too big for the containers to feed them all most likely. Have t o amend harder next time or do less plants per container. I’m going to water in some k and mag on top. I prefer for them to just drink pure water n air from the bottom. Hopefully that will help

3 Likes

Could be strain related. Some strains like a little more of one thing or another than others. How long did she veg? Another option is, you can flip to flower a little earlier. One per box is a good option.
There’s also the option of topdressing more often in veg and include some langbienite( potassium magnesium sulfate) Especially 2 weeks before the flip and again in 2 weeks post flip. Langbienite works well imho because it has a good balance of the K and Mg.

Another good chart that shows the balance needed.
Only an example, if you fed her magnesium alone, it would increase her potassium deficiency. Give her only potassium and you’ll end up with a magnesium deficiency

Its a trial and error balancing act and you have to consider how long it takes for ammendments to breakdown and become available to the plant.

Anyway, nice job. All in all, shes a beautiful girl.

6 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that. I added some epsom salts before b/c they look like they needed it and I think I added the the potassium deficiency happening. Seeing your chart, I’ll have to get some of that lagbienite to get the ratios right next time.

2 Likes

Here’s something interesting I noticed. It’s pretty packed in my tent and one side of the plant get a lot more light than other side. Well side of plant facing all the light is yellowing and side away is still very green. Any idea what going on here? Related to a deficiency or excess or just side on light is burning through leaves faster? Seems like leaves getting most light would wanna stay green to collect light for food. ??? Just This plant, Tangerine Dream and the other 3 in the other earth box too(pics not shown)

3 Likes

@Odaharry notice anything in that bottom picture??

1 Like

Idk what you mean. I said difference in post.

1 Like

Is that seed pods in the lower right?

1 Like

No it’s a separate male plant. Only need a tiny bit of pollen. I have a plastic bag over it normally.