Leaf discoloration early flower

How’s it going guys I’ll try to be brief new grower new to hydro and I have had a slew of problems I have contended with and think I have overcome BUT this one starting to see Grey leaves throughout the plant I don’t think it’s mold ph 6.1-5.5 ppm 450 ish RH30-56 running sf2000 with a spa with a 300gph pump

3 Likes

Welcome @BloomingGhost
Looks like a deficiency of Mag or something or maybe Ph issue. I am not in hydro but several good growers here to help.
@Graysin and I think @OGIncognito do hydro or know someone who does.

6 Likes

I would get this up to 900-1000. She’s hitting flower and a need for extra PK. Resembles a potassium deficiency and should be fixed with feeding at the above numbers. What’s your air gap between the net cup and res solution and res temps? I also check the color of my roots periodically and inoculate them with Southern Ag or Hydroguard at every feeding/ res change. Appreciate the tag @HMGRWN

7 Likes

So I use a mix of stuff since I am a novice haven’t figured out my go to yet so I’m using GH 3 part FF microbrew as well as cal mag and hydro guard my air gap I try to keep it about an inch from my air roots but I’ll try hiking my dosages way up see what she does would you have a recommendation for hydro nutes that do well for ya @OGIncognito

5 Likes

Defo the right track. Although Id lean more P (Phosphorus).

Also close but I think you meant Cal. Those dots are usually more rusty colored but could be new damage just not completely discolored

4 Likes

Moral of the story lol

6 Likes

As noted that’s real low PPMs. Also in flower I’d be aiming that pH right around 5.8-6.0 (fluctuation is fine but a little higher is better right now).

She does largely just look hungry. Check manufacturer feed charts and follow the recommendations there - it will help get you closer to the right ppm range. In hydro in flower, I’ve pushed between 900 and 1300 PPMs safely.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the feedback peeps new to the dwc game and I’ll keep looking to improve I’m sure I’ll be trying to pick everyone’s brain until I can get on the right track from seed to harvest @PurpNGold74 @Graysin @HMGRWN @OGIncognito

5 Likes

Appreciate the assistance Brother :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I would recommend Jacks 321. Simple, clean and a little goes a long way :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. You are in good hands here. I agree with all above :point_up::blush::v:

3 Likes

@BloomingGhost other than the deficiencies that are starting to show, youve been doing an amazing job so far. I have nothing to add that hasnt been covered already. Be sure to keep us updated on her progression.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @BloomingGhost

3 Likes

Blockquote

I’ll give her a shot anything crazy with ratios do I have to have a scale or what @OGIncognito

1 Like

For jacks 321 a scale will be needed to measure each part. Amazon has some reliable and inexpensive ones :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Did you crank your light when you went into flower?

1 Like

I turned it up a little every day until I maxed it

1 Like

I’ve found that’s not the best option, 75-80% max

Seems that full blast too soon will fry your girls because the plants Dont have nutrients inside them to deal with that intensity

A slow increase of everything will help counter this

2 Likes