Leaf Damages Need Help

I started growing my plants outside, but then noticed my plants were getting by caterpillars. I ended up moving them inside and for a week to two weeks I’ve been removing them as I see them. I also bought a spray that was supposed to be good for getting rid of insects/mold. I used that for about 2 weeks and wasn’t sure if that was harming my plants. As to why I am posting here is because I am not sure if the damaged leaves are because of the caterpillar holes or a nutrient problem. I have been giving my plants Fox Farm products. Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big. Last issue is I’ve only been giving my plants water once a week and only half a gallon each. They never seem to show signs of under water like drooping so I don’t know if that’s normal. Any help is very appreciated, thank you!

That appears to be splash from nutrients when watering. Jacks Dead Bug Juice is suggested for flowering plants as far as the caterpillars. Neem oil, too, but use before flowering as the flowers will absorb it and taste quality drops. Use either every other day in morning or evening to rid, then once
or twice a week to maintain.

1 Like

Thank you for all the advice. Would you say half a gallon of water is enough for 6 inch plants for the whole week? I do have them in a 15 gallon pot right now.

You got me on that one. I would say that is plenty though. Is that each? I’m gonna tag a couple more seasoned growers. They are usually pretty good at responding and always have spot on advice.
@Underthestairs @oldmarine @Hellraiser @AfgVet
@Audiofreak
Sorry to bug y’all.
Hope this helps and happy growing!!

1 Like

You are amazing, thank you so much with your help!

1 Like

Let’s start with the full boat here and get a full support ticket.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like

@Underthestairs has answered more questions than I can count and helped me out lots, as well as many more!

I would say that you will have to give a 15 gallon pot much more than a 1/2 gallon of water just to water once. I gave my 15 gallon bags a gallon each time I watered/fed and that would have to repeat every few days

Without knowing all the info for the support ticket my guess would be as @Borderryan22 suggested and your getting your leaves wet when watering. Fill out the support ticket info and we’ll get you so help

5 Likes

Strain - Blue Dream, Got it from ilgm
Method: Soil - Fox Farm Coco Loco
Vessels: Pots 15 Gallon
PH of Water - Around 6.5
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution - NA
Indoor
Light system - FAMURS 3000W LED
Temps- Day 85 - 90, Night / around 85
Humidity - Day 55 - 60, Night / 55-60
Ventilation system; Yes. 8inch ac infinity inline
De-humidifier - Yes
Co2 - No

Ok part one 480 watt LED. I know they say 3000 but it’s inaccurate, LEDs are measured in the draw they use from the wall to know what they produce for light.

15 gallon is a good size pot. Larger than most need I’d wager. You’re in Coco, so what are you using for nutrients? And how often?

Lowest leaves die first and exponentially fast even nutrients are splashed on them.

I was looking into getting the SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 but I have a 8x8 tent so I’m thinking I’m going to need a few of those haha.

I went with 15 gallons because originally it was going to be an outside plant, but was getting attacked by insects. Mostly caterpillars. So I plan on going to 5-7 gallon pots afterwards.

For nutrients as of right now I am using the Fox Farm Bloom & Fox Farm Big. I’ve been only watering once a week half a gallon because my plants never show signs of under water

5 should be plenty big for most people.

When you’re ready to get lights for your space… ask around here first.

1 Like

Sounds good! I really appreciate all the help!

But back to your girl, it looks like nute splash.