Leaf curl at 1 week

I have a seedling at 1 week, the edges of the first fan leaves are curling up. I thought I might have added a little too much water, but I’ve held off for a few days and the soils is very dry, but it seems to have worsened. I have a 1,000 watt led dimmed slightly and is about 20 inches above. My temp is steady at 75 and my rh is constant at 55. I have a fan on low as well as my extractor. Thoughts?

Welcome to the community. I would raise the light up to about 24in. An Watch the new growth. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

1 Like

@marthajeep I would leave the light as is. The plant looks good color even under the purple lighting. I would take the next photos in regular lighting. The first set of leaves might get a little more wear on them, and in my hydro grows are always a little curly, worn-out looking. The tri-leaf pattern is messing with my eyes, but second set of leafs look plenty healthy.

Might want to fill out one of these support tickets
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

What kind of light are use using? Very few if any blurple lights come even remotely close to a 1000 watts of input power.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s from light intensity, environment sounds good. I’m curious about the light, too. Depending on the fixture, 24" may even be too close. Some manufacturers recommend as high as 36". Also, welcome to ILGM @marthajeep :v:

1 Like

The tri-leaf is Dreamberry from Autoseeds and the other is Auto Gorilla from Royal Queen, pics taken under natural light

Growing in ff ocean forest with perlite and a lb of nature’s living soil mixed into the bottom third

PH of water in is 6.7

No nutrients

Led Viparspectra VA1000 dimmable
https://www.viparspectra.com/goods.php?id=125

Daytime/Nighttime temp 76/70

Rh is always around 50

Ventilation is an adjustable 4 inch inline exhaust fan and a clip fan

Ultrasonic humidifier with built in

hygrometer

No co2

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcomes! This community is so much nicer than some of the others out there. It’s refreshing.

2 Likes

“The Dimmable 1000W LED grow light is perfect for a 3’x3’ vegetative coverage at 22”and 2.5’x2.5’ flowering coverage at 16”.We recommend hanging the light at 18”-26" with 100% VEG brightness and 60% BLOOM brightness while running the light 18 hrs per day during vegetation stage." So it has a dimmer for both sections? That’s pretty cool. Anyway, 26" is where I’d start, once they’re more veg than seedling. Right now, that’s too much light. You can probably dim it or raise it more. All that said, if it’s only on the 3-way, it may be less hardy to begin with if it’s some genetic mutation, but it will catch up.

And yes, this place gives me hope for humanity.

1 Like