Latitudes: "Is 3rd Time The Charm?"

@Underthestairs is probably closer to the answer, I didn’t even look at where the light was. I see two drivers on it so it has some juice, then your plants are staying pretty short with almost no node spacing. I’ll bet the leaf issue is just from to much light

3 Likes

That light isn’t small and those plants are squat. I like short plants but keeping them that way is a balancing act for sure. Air flow can become a problem

2 Likes

Temp and humidity have been pretty constant… 85 degrees and 45%.
2 fans in tent, so good airflow.
Light is a BP3000 (it was used on last grow also).

… I’ve been trying to keep them on the shorter side, but ratcheted-up the height of the light a bit due to all your comments, so maybe a difference in a few days?.. We’ll see… Thanx!.. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah those are pretty squatty. What’s your DLI?

1 Like

… Now I have to show my ignorance… What is DLI?.. :upside_down_face:

… I really am a real small-time newbie at all of this… Prior to the pandemic I was working solid and would only partake once every Blue Moon due to testing. Big difference from back in the '80’s. LoL!.. Once the pandemic hit, work goes away, and the lockdowns… Well… Some learned how to bake sourdough bread while I decided to learn how to grow… So most is new to me.

2 Likes

Read this post, please like it =)

And post 277#

2 Likes

DLI is short for how much light your plants are getting per day and imo plants are all so different that knowing the exact numbers is unless because every plant is going to want different light water food etc and without the right equipment you will never know the actual numbers anyway
I do think your plants are getting to much light what are your settings
How many watts? How high is it from the plant?

1 Like

I think it’s 600w (light specs posted below).
Currently 14" above tops of plants.
On the standard 18/6 schedule.
Up till now all have been watered equally (that may change).

… I raised the light yesterday and they do seem to look a bit better today, but still curling a little… Wait it out and see what happens in the next few days?

B25EF453-3539-4BD9-A2A5-C579303AAA1F_4_5005_c

2 Likes

I’ve still been spritzing the foliage (have always done it, I dunno)… Maybe the light is causing quick evaporation and irritating the leaves?.. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s 300 watts see where it says power draw 300w ± 5%… I set my 200w sf at 25-30 inches above for veg, I actually start seedlings at 35" watching for any stretch and lower it if needed… once the plants have their 2nd node I drop it to 30 if it isn’t already there… I then judge the node spacing and move the light up or down trying for a decent spacing, I like pretty good space on my main stem to keep the branches separated a little bit…
I would probably move the light up to around 25" and see what happens, I’m thinking that will get them going again, I don’t drop the light down and start pounding them with light until the stretch and that’s when I want to get closer nodes

2 Likes

Is this the light?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093F8V8YG/ref=twister_B093BXD1H6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

No, I think that is their latest model… This is the one I have…

https://www.amazon.com/Grow-Light-BP-3000-Commercial-Greenhouse/dp/B082XY8B75/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PR1T63GDYRN6QB2JRDBZ

… It makes sense to keep it higher, but one of the issues I have is my small tent. It’s only 55" tall. After the fan, filter, and rigging, the height is even less… On my first grow the tops of the plants were higher than I could place the light so I decided to try to keep them shorter and well-trimmed on my 2nd attempt and it seemed to work (except for one gal that didn’t like several days between watering at the end. More on that issue in a bit).

… I’ve now moved the light even higher, so we’ll see what happens… Muchas Gracias!.. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Keeping them short is the right idea. I like mine compact too. Are you able to relocate all your things outside of the tent? It gave me a bunch of extra head room

2 Likes

Ah yes I see, that’s a lot of light for the space but they’ll like it during flower. You’ll just have to get used to it using the dimmer and all will be good :+1:

4 Likes

I’m definitely gonna have to take a look at that. I currently have a filter on both ends of the in-line fan. (I read somewhere that it helps to keep the smell under control, and it really has worked.)

I’m gonna give the young ladies a few days with the higher light and re-evaluate by the end of the week.

… Now… Some of you may remember the OG Kush Auto that sorta stalled close to the end on my previous grow. I got stuck with a few work trips out of town and she didn’t handle the time between watering very well. I decided to cut her down early and accept my losses, fully understanding the ramifications with doing so…

Yup, I knew the quality wouldn’t be great… Yup, I knew the yield would be low… Yup, I knew the buds would be light, airy, and fluffy… But what you see below is NOT a “golden hue” from the light, it’s dead foliage pretty much all over…

I managed to cut away almost all of the dead stuff… I’m now 3 weeks into the curing and it still hasn’t improved in color, and definitely not in smell quality… Sorta reminds me of the low quality stuff back in the early '80’s that I’d purchase at 1am at the bar, then go directly to my wallet to see how much cash I wasted. LoL!.. :rofl:

Any suggestions to improve the “sight & smell test” for this batch?.. This pic was taken yesterday…

57E1BBB9-846B-4E9F-B2F5-288E79A5D584

Cheers!.. :beers:

3 Likes

You don’t really get smell improvement until about 2 months in and they get really good at about 4 months, my 10 months zkittles are excellent every time I open my bag it’s like pure candy

2 Likes

Hey @MeEasy … Earlier today I came across one of your threads… Circa March/April where you were doing some Autos and in the process of a move?.. Can’t believe I didn’t see it sooner, but I seem to go down various “rabbit holes” every time I surf this forum.

You had them trimmed pretty “high & tight” (Flo?), which was what I’ve been trying to do… So I tried to emulate your success… God help me because I have nowhere near the talent that you do. LoL!.. :rofl:

… But more importantly, I really hope you’re doing well and that the C is still in remission (huge thread, and I didn’t cover it all)… I have 2 family members going down that road… I’m currently on STD for another few weeks due to some surgery… Brother, what doesn’t kill us just makes us stronger!.. Love the tat by the way!..

… I’ll post some pics of the trimmed young ladies once the lights are back on… (And yea, raising the light seemed to do the trick… Thank you!)

I have no :heart: like always… thank you for your kind words and hope you recover well. I’m trying different things when it comes to defol, after reading a couple of articles from Nebulahaze on growweedeasy on defol she explains how it’s more about the timing so I have been pretty much following her tutorial. Then I read somewhere else I can’t find it again (dumbass) it said that once your plants trichomes are right where you want them you take off every leaf you can see the stem of this makes the plant think it’s under attack by something and the plants only defense is to make more trichomes… it’s sort of like the 24 hour dark before you cut em… I’ve been playing a little bit with the three different things I just wish I had the means to do lab testing on the difference when I do or don’t do certain things, but then you have to do clones so it’s more of an even playing field… I can go on n on I have a problem sleeping so I sit and work on this stuff in my head lol… anyways after stripping them down I put them back under the light for a few days to a week… it seems to be giving me more sugar on my buds but without the lab n clones etc I will never know 4sure

Sorry for the book I get to babbling

1 Like

Ha!.. So do I… I’m in the eastern timezone but I’m routinely up way too late for my own good (like right now)… It doesn’t help when part of your abdomen has been removed and you can’t crawl into bed (thank goodness for a comfy recliner). LoL!.. :woozy_face:

… I was going to try to post pics on Friday, but here are the mid-week pics immediately after their trim (tight, just like Flo maybe?)… I figure if I keep it tight it will be easier to manage. I dunno since I don’t have much experience… Hell, I’d love to live in any of your tents. Ha!.. I think they are doing ok for right now… :tropical_drink:

… They’ve responded well so far, but a long way to go. Ha!

2 Likes

Looks like it’s trying to flower?