Late Veg / Early Flower?

Hey everyone this is my first grow and there are some things I’m not sure of. I planted these seeds on July 4th. They are Blue Dream and also photoperiod seeds. I’ve only topped the plants once each and don’t know when to top them again. Also, when should I start the flowering process?

4 Likes

If you top them again you will need some time for them to recover before you flip I would give them at least a week

3 Likes

You can put them into flower right now. I’d give them a few more weeks.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Amateur-Grower ! As mentioned you can flip whenever you like after planting reaches maturity. Take into consideration after flip plants can double in size. It is also about managing your space. I like to fill my tent but not too many plants to crowd each other out.
Happy growing !

4 Likes

Appreciate the feedback! I heard that I should pick some of the leaves from the bottom of the plant before I start the flower process. How much should I pluck?

2 Likes

Just put up a net so when they start to flower they wont snap from the weight

1 Like

Great idea! One aspect alot seem to look over is planning ahead.
Happy growing…

1 Like

So this is about 2 months since planting these seeds. Going to let it veg for like 2 more weeks then switch to flower. Still debating how much to remove from the bottom to encourage bigger buds growing on the top layer. I wish they would have more branches on them, but don’t know how to do that.

These 2 are from auto flowering seeds which were planted around the same time. As you can see they are already in the flowering stage.

1 Like

Looks like your doing a great job! Make sure you have the room (height) for your light to canopy height will fit once the plants grow out. That was the hardest part for me. Figuring out how tall you can grow once the light is ratcheted up to the ceiling. Like it’s been said, a plant can double in height once flipped. If I was starting to grow today, I would buy the tallest tent made.

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I should have enough room. I’m working with 7 feet high I believe. For sure going to need to raise the light a bit more though.

Blue dream loves to stretch. Like this one on the right. Wouldn’t wait too long.

These are both ILGM Blue Dream photoperiods, first picture was beginning of 12/12, second is today, she’s not done either. Just as a warning. Average they’ll double height. She’s already passed triple. If you want to see how I’m dealing with my blue dreams. They are here.

2 Likes

Just looked at your grow journal. You do such a good job growing! How did you get so many thick branches? I’ve only got like 3 good looking branches going for me on one plant.

Coco is a hydroponic environment and use tribus to increase nutrient uptake even more.

2 Likes

That’s right Cocoa core is make sure you add your silica as well.