Late start question

Question: Late start due to sprouts dying from FFOF and overwatering. I’m growing Northern Critical from HGCC, grown outdoors. They are only about 1.5 weeks old but my main concern is my growing window since there is only about two months left in the season. Will my plants dying before flowing or will they just switch to flowering early when the natural light schedule changes and i’ll just end up with a much lower yield? They are Photoperiods.

1 Like

God morning :blush: what are your temps going to be in Two months? Cannabis will take some where around 18 weeks from start to finish. That is just a rough estimate. Good luck on your grow :blush::v:Have a great day!

It’s hard to tell with the summers getting longer due to global warming but last September averaged 65-68

2 Likes

I mean won’t they naturally flip when it switches to 12/12

1 Like

Because you started them later they lost some of their veg time, so you’ll end up with smaller plants. Although this might not sound the greatest, this could actually be a good thing. smaller plants are much easier to handle, if in pots you’ll be able to move them during bad weather or extreme temperatures.

3 Likes

Yes they will start to flower once the days get shorter, they just won’t be as big.

Thank you.
that’s what I was expecting. i haven’t transplanted them yet but i have 5gallon cloth planters. Good learning experience

2 Likes

Go for it , medium harvest is better than nothing. I’ve been thinking about sticking a couple different strain autos outside Good luck :v::+1:

3 Likes

I would think you will be ok. :blush::v:

1 Like

@kwall429 you may be surprised at the temps your plants can deal with. If you get them going now you will have a decent harvest. It’s not too late.

1 Like

What they all said. :point_up_2:.
dcJinHQTGlcabfzTbV

Do you think i should transplant into 5 gallon containers now?

1 Like

Yep they are ready for transplant

@kwall429 the bigger one for sure

thanks guys.
I will harden off the plants this week and transplant them outside to their forever homes on Monday!
any tips for hardening are welcome!

Do you have any suggestions for protection them in the colder months? I have them on a roof deck so it is a little difficult to build any sort of make shift green house.

1 Like

@kwall429 I don’t for that situation but I’ve seen YouTube vids that show how weather resilient these ladies can be. Knock the snow off and if Fall returns they’ll keep pushing forward lol. My outdoor is open as well. I’ll determine the chop date based on wet weather, the hated caterpillars and my lovely trich situation-possibly in that exact order lol.

I’d love a greenhouse like some of these growers have. #greenhousebucketlist