Late Spurt, did I push too hard?

What it do good people?
8 weeks into flower, under 2 Bestva Pro 2000, in RDWC with Athena nutes. Had been on 18/6 up to about the 6th week. Switched to 24/0 aiming at a little extra stress… Did I push too hard, because to me it looks like foxtails are appearing? I average 75° with 52% RH

4 Likes

Foxtails are common in a high light environment. I always get them. No dig deal. I just cut them off at harvest.

4 Likes

@MidwestGuy what are foxtails

1 Like

They are the late development of new calyxes on flower. Cannabis flower is made of calyxes and they usually stop developing late in flower when the plant turns its focus to ripening flower. New calyxes continue to appear in high light environments and they typically stack on each other, hence the name foxtail.

2 Likes

So, should I go back to 18/6 or just keep pushing? Maybe a week left, and at pushing the farthest, 3… I am seeing some cloudy/amber, but still have some clear as well…

1 Like

It’s your choice, though there is no reason to flood the plant with light as the plant is done growing at this point.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks. Still in the learning process. Almost 2 years in.

2 Likes

Putting it back on 24 hours of light made it try to reveg and thats where the tails came from

It’s an auto.

2 Likes

Oh, that changes things

1 Like