Late season peppahs and squash

Figured I’d give a shot at pushing a crop out late.

Using @Paranorman 's starter blend. Half perlite half vermiculite. Usually I start all my veg seeds in a wet paper towel but these are going straight in Uploading…

Well now I start them in paper towels in a propagation tray on a heat mat …I don’t just put them in the stuff…!?

Should be alright just make sure you keep them wet cuz that stuff drains fast !

I keep about a quarter inch of water in the tray and I never let it dry out

Edit: okay Peppa’s because I thought they were ganja seeds and I’m like dude I wouldn’t do that…?! Sooo… nevermind lmao! You got me man haha!

They won’t be in there for long going into my secret private blend.

Have you ever germinated pepper seeds? They’re notoriously hard to germinate and get sprouted.

Like in a napkin? I’ve soaked them a bit. But not sprouted outside of dirt. I had a bunch sprout but only one grew peppers. I have a tall pepper less one a tiny one and on and on

Come on Paranorman! This is the garden croner. Lol. Not just any peppers. Big Jim peppers.

I like Jalapenos… on a steeek…

Hate raw jalapeños Pickled for a little while is good. Got some soaking with tomatoes in my secret ingredient

Yeah oct 1 brought some chilly in. Maybe it’ll be a cold fall. Grabbed a couple Walmart bags of chestnuts from the ground under tree Beat the squirrels to it this year. I left the little ones for them

Was too cold lol. And I don’t like chestnuts :upside_down_face: