Late Night First Ever Harvest

Welp guys and gals…we did it. After many mistakes,hiccups, speed bumps, Obstacles. We finally are ready idk I’m not looking for advice. Criticism is always cool. I realize they may have went longer by the looks but :man_shrugging:. Next time we’ll get it right. Filled up a nice dinner plate and my scale overloaded when weighed wet (past 100g) so that’s cool lol. Still am in trimming mode but thought I’d post a little some some. Shoutout to @James68. He was the first person to reach out to me on here and we’ve had some good chats in the past (I haven’t forgot about ya.) Also thanks to all the support from others such as @Covertgrower and @Eagles009. Sorry if I left ya out. Don’t worry I still love ya. Good evening y’all.
Cheers to success :man_farmer:

17 Likes

Hell yeah! Congrats. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks I’m so excited I can’t sleep :joy:. I have the branches hanging now in the tent lights off. Feels like the first time in forever too. Give her some downtime while they dry. Rooms sitting at 72° F. With a 60% Humidity. Will this be sufficient for drying? I herd lower temp but I can’t seem to find a trick I even added an extra fan to no avail. Also what should I be wary of as they dry? I took some of the popcorn buds and did some Tupperware microwave trick (low temp with damp cloth on top)? Idk seemed to work. It dried up my lil nugs and I’m pretty stoned​:facepunch:. Reaping the harvest and reefing the harvest. Can’t wait for the final finished product!!!
Cheers

6 Likes

It’s not ideal. Buts it’s what you have to work with, right? Make sure buds have spacing between them and airflow is your friend…just not directly over the buds.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty much what I got at the moment the room is directly over the garage so it tends to get hot in here.I try to have a fan going in the room the tent is in with a flap open on one sideof the tent. I moved one fan out and lowered one to the bottom as you can see. Exhaust fan is running around 40% above small fan in corner but directly above it and goes out the chimney. Don’t mind my stand. It’s just what I got to get my gauge in there. Sensor didn’t work and I didn’t want to return it lol. Will this be sufficient I guess? Should I take humidifier out to lower temp?

2 Likes

You will probably lose a negligible amount of terps to heat from what I’ve read. I’m about to chop my first lady soon so I only possess book smarts not real world on the subject currently. I would not remove the dehumidifier. Excess humidity will pose much bigger danger than a few degrees I reckon. Edit wait I read that as dehumidifier. Do you have a humidifier running in there?

3 Likes

Yes my humidity sits around 30% without one so I have the humidifier in there. Would the dehumidifier be what I need or do I need one at all sitting at that humidity?

2 Likes

Okay 30 is low. You want 45-55 somewhere in there. Can you turn it down a bit.

2 Likes

I can’t turn it down but up… I could turn up the exhaust fan possibly? Maybe another flap?

1 Like

Your in a pretty good zone as is. Not perfect but certainly not bad. As close as you can get to 60-65 temp and 45-55 rh is the sweet spot from everything I’ve read.

2 Likes

cool so now I just check em for branch snapping? Then toss em in a jar with Boveda packs and a Rh gauge burping occasionally? Also when I put them in the jar do I break them up into smaller nugs and take the big stems out?

1 Like

You can. I base this on how many jars I have, because the larger ones take up space.

1 Like

Congrats! Starting my first grow. They have been germinated bow waiting for the to pop through the soil. Will start a journal soon. You did great! Hopefully I’ll harvest something and not screw up too bad lol

1 Like

Well Walmart only had half gallons and small 1/4 pint jars. So I went half gallon probably a little big. I also got Boveda packs the 62% that’s what my store had. Will these be okay I herd the 58s were more appropriate? I may go get smaller jars if needed I also got some aquarium type little temp/humidity gauge for the jars. Anything else I need to get to be prepared? Also do I just throw one of the packs in with the jar? There the smaller sized one.
Thanks everyone!!
God Speed to all

1 Like

Right on. Going to start my next ones as soon as these are done drying. Sticking to try to do 4 this time. I lost all four of mine my first time and this was the backup. Hoping for the beat. Expecting the worst. Good luck on your adventure!

1 Like

Thanks! Same to you!

58 is just a preference. That size will work. Yep, just one or two, just to equalize humidity.

1 Like

Be proud. You planted, grew and harvested your own weed.
Anytime you harvest and smoke…you win

2 Likes

So when I put the pack in with the buds, will the pack keep it at 62% humidity? And if not add an extra? Shaking the jar to keep uniform curing. Then Just burp twice a day for the first week or so and then gradually not so much right?

1 Like

Correct. The pack will maintain that level.

2 Likes