Last resort for sick plant

I have two amnesia haze plants. I over fed both plants and one started clawing from excess nitrogen while the other was fine. A couple weeks later, like almost overnight ( I’d stopped nutes for about a week prior because I was scared of the same happening to it as it had the other plant) it’s leaves started to get brown tips and curl up over itself like straws. I did the research and pulled back the lights ( even though lower leaves were doing that too) upped the humidity to 42%, and checked the in and out PH and it was about 6. Now I’m at 7 1/2 weeks of flowering and feel like I’m racing to get something out of this plant before dies. My question- since I suspect it’s root bound would it be worthwhile to try to gently repot it at this late point or is it just doomed? It’s in a 3- gallon pot and I’ve learned my lesson about those. Any advice?

1 Like

I wouldn’t re pot it. I would try and get my pH under control and wait it out. Did you flush and take a ppm reading? You are 7.5 weeks into flower how many weeks do you think she has left? Are you sure it’s not just starting to eat herself being so close to harvest they do that. A picture would be very helpful. Are you in soil or hydro?

3 Likes

The flushed runoff PH was 6 so I wasn’t worried about that. It stopped really growing once the leaves started browning. It’s sativa so it’s got like 3-4 more weeks before it should be ready. I’m growing in soil. I’ll see if I can get a pic. Being under the led lights in the grow tent, people complain that they can’t really see them well. I’ll have to unscrog them and take them out to take a pic

Just take a picture with the flash on right when lights go out and then you don’t have to take apart your tent :v:

I wouldn’t repot this late in flower. You can cause way more harm than good. Picture will help a lot :v:

1 Like

Do you have a PPM/TDS meter to measure the runoff? What kind of soil are you using? A pH of 6 is low for soil, you want to be at 6.5 ideal, range of 6.3 to 6.8. If you are hydro or soilless it 5.8, range of 5.5 to 6.1. My opinion your issue is a combo of pH and overloaded soil.

Transplanting to a 5-7 gallon pot with fresh MJ friendly soil is a good next step, in addition to getting pH under control.

If you can fill out this support ticket.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

These are some pics

1 Like

That’s just what I was going to ask for.
@Skyblue Send us a pic in natural light and we’ll be better able to help other wise it’s just a guess and I don’t guess

1 Like

Looks like light stress. How far away from the canopy are your lights and how hot is it getting in your tent?

I have the LED about 16 inches from the canopy. If it was light or heat burn wouldn’t it effect just the top? It’s all the way down. Also the temp is max 81 degrees and min at night of 76. Since it’s LEDs there’s not much heat. It’s also odd that the other plant is a little taller ( closer to the light source) and has none of this

I’m guessing nute locknout from ph issues. Especially potassium and phosphorus. Do the leaves have purple stems??

Yeah I was thinking that too but no purple stems. Here are some pics in more natural light

I realize I’m piling on the topic but while the plant was out of the tent to take pics, I took some close-ups. I’m surprised that, at 53 days flowering it looks ready. Is that even possible? Amnesia haze is supposed to take up to 12 weeks.

Look at the trichs on the buds not leaves. Looks to still have a lot of clear. Also, you still have a lot of whitish pistols

Good points- I completely forgot about the pistils

It’s not the most accurate method but helps

Those taco leaves are a clear indicator of light/heat stress :v:

I’ve thought more about it and agree. I backed off the lights another two inches. We’ll see.

1 Like