Last minute advice request lol

Hey fellow farmers! A bit of advice would be helpful, so here’s some background info and future plans. I usually get asked for more info, but I will try not to take too much time.
First grow attempt.
The seeds were gifted to me from my son in Cali. I’m in va. Don’t know a strain or anything yet. Sprouted around june 8th. They stay outside daily but brought in for additional hours of light in evenings for 18-6. No signs of sex yet. “Harvest” brand organic soil. Natural well water with 6.something PH, ( I forgot the exact) and no other additives or feed. Transplanting to 5 gal pots this weekend (currently 2.5 gal)
Taller plants are about 20 inches, smaller to are 12
That’s the details I can remember.

Now the plan=
I want to keep them outside full time in my pool area and was thinking about switching to 12-12 by putting them in my outside building for 12 dark. Main reasoning is that I purchased zkittles (thanks ILGM) and a Pot for Pot arrived as I am typing and this will be my indoor grow attempt :grinning:

So should I be trimming, feeding, etc. And is switching over a bad idea? I would be happier if I knew what they were, but time will tell. Do these look healthy? What should I be looking for, etc.?

Beings I have very little invested in these they are my practice before trying auto’s.
I also did just print out the Bible but haven’t been able to read it yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, y’all are extremely knowledgeable and appreciated!

2 Likes

I think its a great idea. I like the idea of letting the mustery seeds go wild outside. This will give you a chance to realy watch and learn how the new indoor strain grows.
Those little laddies will thrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking great little ladies bro

1 Like

They have nice color

1 Like

The plants you have outside should start flowering naturally in a few weeks if you just leave them outside. Based on the amount of effort required, I would probably just leave them outside to do that.

Imo if you were going to top or train would have been better to do earlier, but you should have enough time left that you could if you wanted to. I would say it’s good opportunity to top maybe 1 or 2 just to see the difference in plant development. The others should all display a nice large cola in center and a handful of modest sized secondary colas below.

Your plants look pretty healthy for now too. But you’ll probably want to have something to feed as time goes on. Perhaps deciding on what you’re going to use for indoor grow now and having on hand would be a good idea. Depending on media used will require different treatment, but any reasonable base plant nutrient package should cover most of your needs.

2 Likes

Look into, topping, and low stress training. You can increase your bud sites X10 with a little plant manipulation… natural sun light is decreasing by a minute per day so you can let nature put them into flower.

3 Likes

Thanks, I know from reading here that you are one to listen too. My concern wit the outdoors is if it’s too late in the season, and honestly, they get a TON of sun, perhaps too hot.
As far as my indoor attempt, that will be in P for P so I assume I won’t have any feed on hand. Is there a recommendation? I think indoors I will do the P for P and one on my own for learning and comparison

1 Like

And I know I have to deal with my lighting too

Never know the change in lighting alone could trigger flower especially if they’ve already shown sex…I’d say just pick a direction and let it grow they look real healthy, super green and leaf size :sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like

Let nature take it’s course. Your lower back will thank you.

3 Likes

I am excited for your grow. I have three indoor and three outdoor. It has been a great learning experience to see the difference. At this point I love outdoors! The sites and sounds of nature versus a sterile quiet monotone indoor tent. We’ll see what weights harvest brings and what my taste testers think of both approaches on smokability.

1 Like

The neighbors are a quiet lot. Come in for a meal.

2 Likes

Too late in the season before your weather will go south before plants are done? Possibly, im not familiar with your weather there. But you shouldn’t have to worry about it now. I would say if you don’t think conditions will hold up into October to be ready to call an audible. But that is geographical issue in how well suited your area is for outdoor grows. If it’s not good, there’s really nothing you can do about it outside of maybe having a greenhouse. But doesn’t keep you from seeing how this goes and making educated decision about the future. I think it’s a little unrealistic to expect yourself to bring that many plants in and out every day for 2+ months.

Temperature i wouldn’t worry about on outdoor grows. Is what it is, and is definitely a different animal than indoor growing.

2 Likes

To me this is an easy decision…if you’re answer isnt to plant them in the ground then this decision is already made (just my opinion) :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

This!
Fresh buds are 75% heavier then their dried counterpart. Not to mention all the wood that the stalks turn into. 4 weeks into flower and they will be considerably heavier then they are now. Add in the weight of a full watering and your lookin at a lot of dead weight lifting in your future.

1 Like